Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strugglin sorta

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strugglin sorta

Hi everyone

I have 20 inquries in the last 5 months (Before november 5th). Like 20 from experian and 15 from Tran'sunion and equifax.

What do I do?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Strugglin sorta

Freeze your credit reports. Find a goal to work towards. Find a hobby.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well for starters,

1) are these all apps you agreed to? If not, dispute them with the credit agency.

2) stop applying for credit or HP CLI. It takes 24 months for a HP to roll off!

Life is bigger than our credit score, go out and enjoy today!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you feel the need to do credit related things:

1) as stated, stop applying. At this point a lender pulling your reports will see that many inquiries as desperation and will almost certainly decline any apps

2) how does your profile look? Number of cards, loans, balances? Any derogs? You can use the next 18-24 months to clean things up. Pay down balances, get into AZEO, try and clear any derogs on your reports, so that when the inquiries are gone, your profile and scores are optimized for growth.
Message 4 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone

I have 20 inquries in the last 5 months (Before november 5th). Like 20 from experian and 15 from Tran'sunion and equifax.

What do I do?

Hi OP and welcome to myFICO

You’ve accomplished Goal 1. You know you’re struggling (sorta). 

You’ve accomplished Goal 2. You’ve asked for help. Kudos to you!

Goal 3 is taking to heart and putting into action what other posters have said. Stop applying for credit.

Goal 4 - Visit the Rebuilding Section at https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit and spend the next 3 months reading and absorbing how others have gotten the ball rolling to either establishing or re-establishing a positive credit profile. When I found this forum, I read and read and read some more for months on end before I applied for my second CC. 

Goal 5. Understand that building a credit profile that lenders love to see is akin to a marathon. It takes work. Hard work! Diligence, time, and patience are key. 

Goal 6. Understand that once you get a denial, treat it as a blinking neon light. It's time  to stop and reevaluate things. Know that denials begat denials. 

And finally, realize it's going to happen when you make it happen. GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Unless OP comes back and elaborates, we have no clue if those were auto/mortgage pulls, CC applications, denials/approvals, dont know if they are building, rebuilding, or neither.
OP if you need help, and there is an actual question, please elaborate what the inqs. were for and why is that bothersome to you
Otherwise, we're in the dark and giving you answers that may or may not have anything to do with your situation
Please provide additional info if you want help
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.