Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Re-appeared

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan Re-appeared

I declared a bankruptcy towards the end of 2002, during which I attempted to add a student loan to the bankruptcy, and found that I could not do that. The student loan at this point had been turned to a collection service. The first part of 2003, I paid the student loan off in full to the collection service. Just recently in 2007 I needed copies of college transcripts, and when trying to get them from the school, I was informed I had a hold on my transcripts for financial services. I then spoke with financial services and explained the situation, which they looked into it and found the debt to be paid. They promptly removed the hold and allowed my transcipts. Now, I have recenlty received a scorewatch alert which shows that a new account was added to my credit report. After looking into it, I found the previous student loan was added as a new account on the same day I was at the school clearing this up.
I'm pretty new to myFico and the whole credit scene. (I got interested when I decided to try to buy a house next year.) But if anyone could please explain if this was a mistake or a common occurrence, I would appreciate your time.  BTW- the collection is listed as over 120+ days past due, and my score went up +2 at the same time.....   I forgot to add that the status does show: Paid collection

Thanks!

Message Edited by CoolBreeze on 06-14-2007 10:47 PM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.