Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loans showing as credit card

tag
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Re: Student loans showing as credit card

A $50k student loan that's reporting as a revolving account? Are you sure this isn't an educational line of credit?

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

also for those in the know just want to ask this: just dobule checking  my CCT 3B report again and noticed that all my credit card accounts(ast/present) under Transunion/Experian are showing up as  credit card accounts.

Experian has my old VWOA car loan(closed/paid on time 2008-2015) + my current US Dept loan listed as installment loans.

Transunion has my credit car accounts(past/present) reporting as credit card accounts, and my US Dept school loan as an installment loan.

Equifax has every credit card listed as an installment loan , and my US Dept loan as a credit card account. does that still sound normal reporting wise?

Im going to call equifax in the morning and see 

Message 12 of 16
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Let me know what you find out from them. I'm curious to know if this is hurting my score at least with experian as this would be listed as a high utilization about 90%

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

Let me know what you find out from them. I'm curious to know if this is hurting my score at least with experian as this would be listed as a high utilization about 90%

Ive been back and forth with EQ.  I called their cusotmer service number because I already accessed my EQ report through them once this year and i can't do it again. THey just kept referring me to the online link to access my free equifax report or call another department.  totally useless

i renewed my CCT offer and my Equifax report through them still shows all my credit card accounts as installment loans and my installment loans as credit cards.  I'm assuming this is what is hurting my Equifax score since my EX/TU are 3 points within eachother and EQ is  20 points lower than both

Message 14 of 16
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

I went ahead and requested my reports from annualCreditReport.com and of course, the only one which would work is exprian. I have an open dispute with TransUnion so I could not get that one and EQ seems to be not functioning. I guess I will have to wait until they mail me the report before I can see what they have listed. All the other ones have it listed as a student loan or educational loan, so I'm thinking this is just a bug on the experian site causing it to be reported inaccurately

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

I went ahead and requested my reports from annualCreditReport.com and of course, the only one which would work is exprian. I have an open dispute with TransUnion so I could not get that one and EQ seems to be not functioning. I guess I will have to wait until they mail me the report before I can see what they have listed. All the other ones have it listed as a student loan or educational loan, so I'm thinking this is just a bug on the experian site causing it to be reported inaccurately

In for updats if anything changes.  im wondering if its just an error in translating reporting to a 3rd party monitoring site but Equifax is being a royal pain.  Ive already viewed my free EQ report from ACR and cant access it again until next year, cant find my email with it and the EQ folks arent budging.  iM tempted to dispute via CCT but i already spoke to a rep via phone and she said it was reporting normally on their end.

Still showed as my US Dept loan as a credit card and all my revolving credit card accounts(past/present) as installment loans.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.