cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch/Paypal reporting Credit Bureaus OFTEN????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synch/Paypal reporting Credit Bureaus OFTEN????

Hello,

Noticing Paypal updating my balance to credit bureaus very often which I had not noticed before???

I noticed these updates to EX:

2/23/2020---carried bal 

3/25/2020---carried bal

5/24/2020---carried bal

6/24/2020   <---showed Zero balance on EX report 6/24 as I had PIF $207 balance on 5jun

6/30/2020   <---showed $32 bal on EX report  (actually showed up on all 3 reports as I had pulled FICO 3B and scores)

7/7/2020     <---shows Zero balance now as I PIF $32 bal on 7/6/2020  ( I just saw info this morning 7/8 EX updated)

It was updating monthly.  The past 3 dates seemed way out of sequence.  I have read on here where different creditors updated more than once in a cycle, just trying to understand SynchB/Paypal.

I am almost tempted to do a transaction to see if it updates it again so quickly. Something change that I miss?  

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ChiTownTony
Contributor

Re: Synch/Paypal reporting Credit Bureaus OFTEN????

Interesting. PayPal is updating once a month still for me.

820+
Message 2 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Sync is known to do that at times. The worst is when they report every time you charge something but they won't report you paid them off until the official monthly update.

Message 3 of 15
Blazon
Valued Member

In some cases, if you dispute an item with Pay Pal directly or thru the respective CRA, I was told by SynchB/Pay Pal that they conduct a forced report once their investigation concludes. In that, your credit report may get updated between statement cycles. However, you can place a request directly with Pay Pal to force a credit update to the respective CRAs. You are not being singled out. I have encountered similar issues with Pay Pal. You may want to call and ask them to update.

Message 4 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Blazon wrote:
In some cases, if you dispute an item with Pay Pal directly or thru the respective CRA, I was told by SynchB/Pay Pal that they conduct a forced report once their investigation concludes. In that, your credit report may get updated between statement cycles. However, you can place a request directly with Pay Pal to force a credit update to the respective CRAs. You are not being singled out. I have encountered similar issues with Pay Pal. You may want to call and ask them to update.

It took about a week for them to update my PayPal card. Wasn't worth the hassle of requesting it. Was like pulling teeth.

Message 5 of 15
Blazon
Valued Member

Fair Point on the hassle to get fixed. However, you do have an option to get corrected - though it does take some time to reflect the change. I guess it depends on your current situation.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You too?? Here's my timeline. It usually updates on the 8th or 9th of the month, with the statement ending on the 2nd. 

However June and now July has been a crazy **bleep** show.

6/16: Updated
6/23: Updated
6/27: Updated
6/30: Updated
7/3: Updated
7/7: Updated
7/9: Updated (no statement closed)

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amazon Card by Synchrony reported twice in June, which really pissed me off because it reported the day I made my payment, 10 days before it's always reported in the past, and it hadn't posted yet. Grrr.

Message 8 of 15
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Synch can report multiple times a month, especially on heavily used accounts. Just another thing to love about them. dry.gif

Message 9 of 15
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Noticing Paypal updating my balance to credit bureaus very often which I had not noticed before???

I noticed these updates to EX:

2/23/2020---carried bal 

3/25/2020---carried bal

5/24/2020---carried bal

6/24/2020   <---showed Zero balance on EX report 6/24 as I had PIF $207 balance on 5jun

6/30/2020   <---showed $32 bal on EX report  (actually showed up on all 3 reports as I had pulled FICO 3B and scores)

7/7/2020     <---shows Zero balance now as I PIF $32 bal on 7/6/2020  ( I just saw info this morning 7/8 EX updated)

It was updating monthly.  The past 3 dates seemed way out of sequence.  I have read on here where different creditors updated more than once in a cycle, just trying to understand SynchB/Paypal.

I am almost tempted to do a transaction to see if it updates it again so quickly. Something change that I miss?  

Thanks!!!

LOL I experienced this with Synchrony a couple of times and wondered what was going on.

ezgif.com-optimize(10).gif

Then with a little research I saw a few other people who had experienced somewhat erratic reporting from them.

I just made a promise to myself (after finding out this could occur randomly from them) that if I had some plans to app in the future I would not make any moves with any Sync accounts thereby escaping any surprises during that timeframe.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.