cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony bank - resetting the clock on closed settled account?

tag
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony bank

Hello; what's the solution in this case?

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account shows zero balance. As per the agreement they It seems they are reporting the lates I am not sure how that worked but it happened. 

Message 32 of 37
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony bank - resetting the clock on closed settled account?

@Anonymous wrote:

So this bank has been closing my zero balance cards. All in good standing. They also lowered my Target limit to half with no explanation. This was all last year. I had PayPal credit that was late 60 days. I ended up settling for less than the balance so they closed this account in September 2020. I recently called to see if I can delete the PayPal account. Well this bank closed my zero balance care credit! Then recently reported my PayPal account closed this was 9 months after the original closing! This tanked my credit 29 points! I need help all my other credit is excellent. I feel like this bank targets certain people. I paid them my accounts NEVER charged off. They always got their money what do they have to gain by this type dealings? What can I do to remove this PayPal totally? 

I have almost perfect credit and Synchrony closed all my accounts due to "high risk of failure to pay" like ok... I've NEVER been late on any cards and have scores in the 800's but yeah, I'm suuuuper high risk. I hate Synchrony with a passion, but loved the CareCredit card and used it all the time. That's the only one I'm sad about losing. Sorry this happened to you!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 33 of 37
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony bank - resetting the clock on closed settled account?

Good stats. Congrats on being col free.

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me guess you work for them? Actually the deferred interest was included in the settlement  also the account never reached charge off as it was lat and I was in contact. What they recently reported is illegal as the account is settled! Anyway pretty sure that this company is going to get in trouble soon and dissolved. They have already had to change names due to illegal targeting of minorities and unfair business practices. I'll wait and see. 

Message 35 of 37
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me guess you work for them? Actually the deferred interest was included in the settlement  also the account never reached charge off as it was lat and I was in contact. What they recently reported is illegal as the account is settled! Anyway pretty sure that this company is going to get in trouble soon and dissolved. They have already had to change names due to illegal targeting of minorities and unfair business practices. I'll wait and see. 

I just reread your OP and realized that I had missed a key point that explains why they updated their reporting: 

You contacted them "recently" to try to get the account deleted. 

I think this was entered into their system as a "dispute" by whoever you spoke to and once they decided against your request the computer processed it like any other dispute and sent an update to the CRAs. 

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anything I can do to fix this? And remove this remark?

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.