Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Glitch showing 1 card closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Glitch showing 1 card closed

Has anyone noticed an issue with their CMS showing a card closed on TU?  I have a CU card that is showing closed but, it's definitely active.  I logged into the CU and made sure.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: TU Glitch showing 1 card closed

Not TU, but my EQ on myFICO CMS shows one of my open and very active accounts as closed - but with a credit limit and updates the balance / payment history each month. However, this account shows as open on any other CMS I use - including on Equifax itself as well as the last hard copy paper report I received.

Odd but I just ignore it.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm..yeah, I went ahead and pulled a disclosure copy and the remarks are "closed" but the account shows up under open accounts.  It's odd to say the least but, it's not a scorable change.  I'll just hit up the lender and make sure they clear the remark.

Message 3 of 10
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I've been wondering for a couple of days if there is a disturbance in the force with credit reporting. I have a new account on TU that I do see when I check my list of accounts on the TransUnion monitoring service, but I haven't gotten any alerts about a new account, even from that same TU service.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I figured out the issue.

They converted the card when they dumped an outsourced payment servicing company excardinfo.com

When they upgraded their online service they changed the cards over from one card # to another card # and since I haven't used the new card number it hasn't been sent to the CRA's.  SImilar to Citi not reportnig when you don't use the card which looking deeper into them as well they have changed that recently.

Anyway, the new card # shows on EX and not on EQ/TU for whatever reason.  I'm not sure why they haven't pushed the updated info to all 3 like they normally would/should.  I guess I have to put some $ on it and let a statement cut to get it reporting the new info.  SMH

Message 5 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Which CMS and which lender?

Go straight to the source and check the TU dataset.

        
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I guess I should have been more patient.  I just pulled an updated report and the account is now showing on TU whereas it was not last night.  I'm thinking there's a delay as the reported date is 6/7 for the "new" account.  Even the direct report from TU last night wasn't showing the new account.

Oh Well.

Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I guess I should have been more patient.  I just pulled an updated report and the account is now showing on TU whereas it was not last night.  I'm thinking there's a delay as the reported date is 6/7 for the "new" account.  Even the direct report from TU last night wasn't showing the new account.

Oh Well.

Yeah there is a delay for many report types: inquiries are basically instant, but things like the monthly lender reporting can take anywhere from a few days (pretty much 100% on this) to in my experience a few weeks to actually make it into the CRA's dataset.

In all cases the date is set to when the actual reporting information is gathered and presumably submitted by the lender, but where it gets hung up between lender and CRA infrastructure I'm not entirely sure.  My gut feeling is on the CRA side.

        
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure it's much like when a business submits a "batch" of CC sales for a period of time.  It takes a bit of time to actually process through.

This particular lender though usually has a report date of the 2nd each month.  If I had not been looking over things for something else it would not have caught my eye.  

Message 9 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Oh yeah my apologies if I wasn’t clear: I used to support databases in my wayward career so I know about data ingestion issues; however, what I meant is I don’t know if the batch latency is on the lender end or the CRA end.

        
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.