Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabula Rasa International

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tabula Rasa International

I've recently recieved messages on my house phone from Tabula Rasa, after searching the net, ive found that they are a scam-ridden collection agency, who is slammed on the BBB website. After learning this, i don't even want to call them back. Does anyone know anything about this company? Who hires them? Should I return their calls? Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Tabula Rasa International

Do you have any other debt besides the Cap 1 that could be in collections?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have an old cingular phone bill, in which i dispute the validity of charges, about 4 years old... and a musicians friend card through conseco that is in collections.. thats it aside from student loans which are in rehabilitation.
Message 3 of 10
Boswd
Valued Contributor

It could be for any of the three.
Message 4 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Have you checked your CRs?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

tabula rasa isnt listed on my CR
Message 6 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

The name of the company looks scary!Smiley Surprised
Message 7 of 10
Boswd
Valued Contributor

The collection agency might not be reporting as of yet.   I would call just to see which account it is.  You don't have to pay them anything but if it is for one of your cell phone bills and you can pay it off before they start to report that would be ideal,  because then you won't get the second hit for a collection agency which will further damage your score.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

On June 20, 2010 I received a letter from Tabula Rasa claiming that they are attempting to collect on a $42,216.05 account balance which is in "judgment status" in a dispute I had with a bank where they bought the paper. Problem is that the case was dismissed in 2002, in court, against a previous collection company holding the paper when I
 defended the action in State court. Thus, obviously their representation that there was a judgment was a fraudulent misrepresentation in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Act, and I intend to prosecute them to the fullest because of the scare they put into me when I received this letter. If anyone has any other derogatory information about this scam outfit I would appreciate it.

Avrume

Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Get yourself a full copy of FDCPA 807 and 808, then get yourself a lawyer.

Multiple false representations.

Too numerous to mention.

(15 USC 1692(e) and (f) are the statutes behind FDCPA 807 and 808)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.