Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Scorewatch

tag
Lisa949
New Visitor

Thanks Scorewatch

I've been a quarterly customer for a little while now. Last week I received an email from Target offering me free credit service. I decided I would try their offer but I wanted to first to increase my plan to real-time monitoring.  Yesterday morning I received an email myFico alert that my credit score has changed. When I checked the inquiry I noticed a new account had been added to my credit that I had not opened. What started with a myFico alert ended up with the discovery that someone had stolen every single one of my department store credit cards And went on a five day shopping spree (A certain company admitted to me that they extended credit to somebody in the store without even having the card using my name).Right now I'm not sure what else is been compromised, if it's coincidental to my target breach or something else entirely. All I know is it's an awful feeling to know somebody's using your name fraudulently.  But had I not received that alert I would have no idea that this occurred.  Perhaps the site can beef up the information on what to do if an alert uncovers fraudulent activity. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thanks Scorewatch

Mods, will you please move this thread to another section of the forum so it will get more attention?

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Lechte wrote:

Mods, will you please move this thread to another section of the forum so it will get more attention?

Was trying to think of a better place for this Lechte.  I think I'm going to move it to General Credit.  It'll get more hits there.

BTW, here's a sticky about this OP.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Sho,....Idk why, but this section of the forum doesn't get a whole lot of views, or at least nobody cares to respond to anything in here.

Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Lechte wrote:

Thanks Sho,....Idk why, but this section of the forum doesn't get a whole lot of views, or at least nobody cares to respond to anything in here.

Yeah, the traffic isn't what some of the more popular threads get, like CCs or RBYC.  But then sometimes things gets buried way down the page on those pretty quickly and they get lost too.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

Yeah, the traffic isn't what some of the more popular threads get, like CCs or RBYC.  But then sometimes things gets buried way down the page on those pretty quickly and they get lost too.

Yeah, i've had to bump a few threads a couple few times.  Seems like by the end of the day, a post is 3 pages back.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.