Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think this will work?

tag
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Think this will work?

This is the letter I plan to send to Chase after their recent denial of my GW. Think it will work?

To Whom it may concern:

I recently sent the attached letter to Chase requesting an adjustment to my credit reports so that it would reflect in good standing.. I have entered arrangements to make repayment and have payed “as agreed” for four consecutive months (this month would be the fifth), decreasing the balance owed by more than five hundred dollars. Chase however, refuses to acknowledge the steps that I have taken to make amends with the company and stated that they will make no adjustment. It is greatly disappointing to me that Chase would rather rub their customer’s nose in their mistakes for seven years than work out a reasonable solution that is beneficial to both parties involved. Therefore I feel that the funds that I have allotted to make repayment to Chase will be better spent paying creditors who are more willing to help their customer’s repair their past and move forward with their futures. I hereby withdraw from any agreement that I have made with Chase or its collection affiliations to make repayment until such time that Chase is willing to delete negative reporting. It is my understanding that the term “Charge Off” means “an uncollectible debt.” If this is the case, then the “Charge Off” language has no place on my reports, because your company is in fact, collecting on it. It should state “Pays as agreed.” It should be known that I am willing to move forward with payment but only after an agreement has been reached, in writing, that negative information will be deleted and the account will reflect “Pays as agreed.” Furthermore, any future correspondence should be written and mailed to the above address.

Chad A. Davis

Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Think this will work?

I think if this is within SOL and it is because you started repayment to them, you will be seeing yourself in court.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I go by the old adage- You catch more flies with honey.
If they tunred you down once, it doesn't mean they will turn you down when you've made 6 consecutive on-time payments.
I think sending this letter would guarantee a world of hurt.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  Just send your previous letter again and perhaps get someone else's name that you could send to. 
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied 7 times by Discover.

On the 8th time I believe they got tired of me and finally removed my baddies.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

creech69 wrote:
I was denied 7 times by Discover.

On the 8th time I believe they got tired of me and finally removed my baddies.

Good luck.

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Message Edited by TexMontana on 08-13-2007 08:53 AM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

cadavis0609 wrote: It is greatly disappointing to me that Chase would rather rub their customer’s nose in their mistakes for seven years than work out a reasonable solution that is beneficial to both parties involved.

I would drop the nose rubbing part to sound more professional and humble.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.