cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Consumer Reporting Agencies: Have you ordered your reports?

tag
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Third Party Consumer Reporting Agencies: Have you ordered your reports?

List of Consumer Reporting Companies

Consumer reporting companies collect information and provide reports to other companies about you. These companies use these reports to inform decisions about providing you with credit, employment, residential rental housing, insurance, and in other decision-making situations.

How many of you have ordered a report from a third party credit reporting agency?

Do you feel that addressing the incorrect information listed on Lexis Nexis, Sage Stream, Innovis, ARS prior to disputing information with EQ, EX and TU is beneficial?

I took time to reach out and obtain my report from several of the agencies listed.  While Lexis Nexis was the most lengthy at 208 pages, Sage Stream and Innovis gathered an impressive amount of information as well.

Most of us all know or have heard of the three large credit bureaus, Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax, but did you know the list of credit reporting agencies (CRAs) is much larger than just those three? Below, is a comprehensive list of CRAs, (updated 2022) along with how to contact these credit reporting agencies.  

https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_consumer-reporting-companies-list_2022-01.pdf 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Third Party Consumer Reporting Agencies: Have you ordered your reports?

@CreditCharmer wrote:

How many of you have ordered a report from a third party credit reporting agency?

Do you feel that addressing the incorrect information listed on Lexis Nexis, Sage Stream, Innovis, ARS prior to disputing information with EQ, EX and TU is beneficial?

I have, and yes.  Some of these resources like Lexis Nexis are widely considered as sources of truth and if they screw up you can find yourself in a world of hurt.

As a simple generic example, US Bank is well-known to often pull SageStream as a secondary source when applying for credit and they have been sometimes reported as having denied credit because the applicant had frozen their SageStream report.

Insofar as personal experience,  I once had both the SSN and death notice from someone 5 years older than me with different legal name and state of residence but an identical alias added to my Lexis Nexis consumer report, which caused issues with several creditors including account closures and triggering of fraud alerts   I ended up having to get the Social Security Administration to confirm reality in order to get that doodookakapoopoo mess resolved (including reinstatement of my accounts).

e

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Third Party Consumer Reporting Agencies: Have you ordered your reports?

Yes, I have pulled all the reports you mentioned plus some on Telephone and Medical.

Confirm what the up poster wrote. Will add Early Warning Reports (not a credit bureau) plays in with some creditors and financials.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.