cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This does not seem FAIR at all!!!!!!!!

tag
728sofar

This does not seem FAIR at all!!!!!!!!

Well, I just saw that now we CAN get an Experian FICO score, so i bought one.   It was my lowest score of all my FICO scores, at 705.   It said I have "multiple" accounts with late payments, derogatory remarks on them or in negative standing.  
I strongly object to the use of the word "multiple"
as i had one (1) account that had one (1) late payment 3 years ago.

ONE.
NOT "MULTIPLE".
This feels like outright slander to me.   Huge exaggeration.   "multiple" my eye! 
All my other accounts are flawless.

So i clicked the link on THIS website, embedded into the page of my Experian FICO report--------where it says "dispute this report" and it took me to an Experian phone number, and they said they can not help what FICO says about their info, that they have zero control over FICO calling ONE account as "multiple accounts".  
I had my Vantage score, (lousy at grade C, with number of 724) but Experian report never states i have "multiple" accounts in negative standing, so they could not help me.  They said Experian has zero to do with how FICO interprets their report of ONE account with history of ONE late payment,
as "multiple accounts in negative standing".

SO NOW WHO DO I CONTACT to get that word "multiple" taken off the headline over my Experian FICO account?   sure feels like an outright lie, to me anyway.

THANKS if anyone knows who i complain to about somebody here at FICO calling one (1) account---- "multiple" accounts. 

LOL, probably when i find out who to talk to here at FICO, they will say, "oh, you need to talk to Experian"  (just a guess, but, i'm expecting that to happen...)

~//I used to be broke and LOUSY with money
(*some* of this was just not enough cash as a youth, college debt, raising kid$,etc)
but, *some* of it WAS carelessness on my part)
but have hope.
EQ FICO score = 728 & TU fico is 737.
I have more to learn, but headed in the right direction now.//~
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: This does not seem FAIR at all!!!!!!!!

I can see how that description would disappoint you and tick you off. But you may be wasting a lot of energy and anger on something only you will ever see. Those MyFico descriptions are often weird. People with 25 year credit histories get told that their age of accounts is too short. People with utilization under 10% get told their utilization is too high.

Try to roll with it. It's what's on your report that counts, not those sometimes crazy descriptions that MyFico comes up with for our eyes only.

Message 2 of 23
p-
Valued Contributor

728sofar wrote:  It said I have "multiple" accounts with late payments...

The stuff on here has three categories of information:

1.  Your score.  This is shown to anyone that buys your credit score as part of an application for credit.  Many decisions are based on this score alone.

2.  Your report data, i.e. accounts, inquiries, payment data, etc.  This is the meat of your report that would be reviewed during a manual review after a credit app, or by companies who use their own scoring algorithms.

3.  The "interpretation notes", i.e. items on this report that tell you why your score is high or low, or what to do about it.  These are seen only by you, and are the myfico computer attempting to give you clues as to how to improve your score.  This includes the phrase you are concerned about.

In short, it doesn't matter.  Nobody sees that but you.  Relax.

Message 3 of 23
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

And my guess is that they don't even have a note for "You have a single late payment" as a derogatory. Like it was said above it's only for you to help you determine what is holding you back from a perfect score. It's my understanding that even 800+ scores get at least one derogatory comment.Smiley Very Happy

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 23
728sofar

Well, i am on hold right now, as we speak, with a FICO customer service rep.  Thing is, she kept emphasizing that FICO can not change what is reported by Experian.  A number  of my accounts are reported by Experian as having "satisfactory" standing, not "good" standing.   That was the moment i learned, that "satisfactory" is NOT "good", ha ha.
who knew?

Although, Experian says on each of those "satisfactory" accts, that there is NO negative or derogatory remarks to ANY of my "satisfactory" accts.

I agreed with her (multiple times) but i pointed out to her, that FICO is taking what Experian reported as "satisfactory" with "no derogatory remarks"
and that FICO (not Experian) is now, falsley re-labelling those accts as "derogatory" when, in fact, that is NOT what Experian reported to FICO.   

She explained, that FICO uses some formulation, to come up with the word "derogatory" out of the word "satisfactory".  I said if she can point to me, where i had even one (1) late payment on ANY of those accts, she'd have a point,
BUT
I have the records on those accts going back to 2007, and not one late payment ever happened, so FICO "formulary" has NO EVIDENCE to somehow twist the word "satisfactory" into the word "derogatory".  Experian clearly states on the report, that all the accts have NO derogatory remarks, only just that one (1) report, with history of one (1) late payment, 3 years ago.

I told her i want FICO to either relabel my Experian FICO report to read "Has multiple accts in satisfactory standing"
or
to relabel my FICO acct as "has ONE acct with derogatory remark".

one of the other.
I also have several accts that Experian reports as "good" standing, too.

But, for FICO to take a list of many accts, ALL labelled as either good, or satisfactory, and decide to call that "MULTIPLE" accts with "derogatory" standings, is a flat out lie.  It's NOT what Experian reported to them, at all.
She has gone to get her supervisor to decide what to do.....

ROLL WITH IT? Roll with a LIE on my credit report? What?  Why?
I do NOT have "multiple accts in derogatory standing".  It is a LIE.

"NO one will ever see it"?  NO, i am in process right now, of having my credit checked by a property management group, and i have NO doubt, they are going over my credit report right now as we speak.....

(*some* of this was just not enough cash as a youth, college debt, raising kid$,etc)
but have hope.
Message 5 of 23
p-
Valued Contributor

@728sofar wrote:ROLL WITH IT? Roll with a LIE on my credit report? What?  Why?

"NO one will ever see it"?  NO, i am in process right now, of having my credit checked by a property management group, and i have NO doubt, they are going over my credit report right now as we speak.....

I'm not sure if you read what I posted, but you need to read it again.  I don't think you understand what you are looking at.  Go pull your reports through www.annualcreditreport.com.  You will see all of the report data, but none of the "myfico comments".  

The property manangement group will not see the myfico comments, because they are not buying a consumer monitoring product from myfico.

No. One. Will. Ever. See. It.

The myfico comments are NOT a part of your credit report.  They are part of an interpretation/explanation that came with it, because you bought a consumer report here.  MyFico doesn't put anything on your actual credit report. People that you apply for credit with will not see it. 

Message 6 of 23
728sofar

SCORE!!  I am off the phone now, and a supervisor just agreed with me, that it IS a mistake made by FICO, (not Experian) on my experian FICO score.

He said he has to "escalate this report" to some higher ups who do have power to change the FICO report,
sounds good, right?

but, on the downside, it will take 72 hours or more, for them to get around to even looking at it,
and
i have NO idea how long it will take FICO to remove the remark, "has multiple accounts in derogatory standing" off of my experian FICO score.......

and, like i said, i am being approved TODAY, right now, at this very hour, for a new home. 

I would have disputed the experian FICO score before today, but, i just now found out, that experian FICO scores are "back" again.   I was here like 2 or 3 weeks ago, and back then, there was NO experian FICO score, none could be had.   (cuz of some disagreement/split between FICO and experian for past few years, one could ONLY get an Equifax or a TU fico score)

dawg, now i hope that property managment group does NOT realize that yes, you can now check someone's experian FICO score again......cuz mine is wrong.   dang...(bites nails..)

but have hope.
Message 7 of 23
p-
Valued Contributor

Seriously.

Go pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com and see what they say.  Forget about what myfico comments say about the report, just look at the actual report.

On your Actual report it will divide the accounts between "Potentuially negative" and "accounts in good standing".  Only two labels.  That's it.

Message 8 of 23
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Calm down Tiger!!

As everyone has told you, it is a generic statement that ONLY you see.

*8/10/13
Message 9 of 23
p-
Valued Contributor

728sofar wrote:...a supervisor just agreed with me, that it IS a mistake made by FICO, (not Experian) on my experian FICO score...He said he has to "escalate this report" to some higher ups... i hope that property managment group does NOT realize that yes, you can now check someone's experian FICO score again......

1.  Creditors have always been able to check experian FICO scores.  It wasn't available here for a while for consumers to check their own, and now is again.

2.  This site doesn't "make" your score.  Or change it.  It evaluates the information for the consumer, i.e. you.

3.  Yes, it is a mistake by myfico that the thing says multiple accoutns with lates, but that mistake is not a part of your report or score.  It is part of the information that is for your eyes only.  

What you buy here is different from what the creditor sees.  There is more detail and analysis in the report.  Take the score from here, and look at your actual annualcreditreport.com reports.  That is alot closer to the format they will see.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.