Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Freeze Removed, Chase Letter Not Removed

tag
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

TransUnion Freeze Removed, Chase Letter Not Removed

Been having a heck of a time trying to get the Fraud Alerts and Freezes removed permanently from DH's files.

He applied with Chase and Amex..same day.

• He called TransUnion to get a new pin early March.  
  • Called again to have Fraud Alert removed.  20 minutes of Identity Verification.  Didn't realize he should have done the Freeze same time....
  • Got Pin....Called 03/25/2018 to remove Freeze....was going to just lift and use TrueIdentity Lock.
  • TrueIdentity Lock won't lock because there is a Freeze, huh!?  
  • Called TU back to remove freeze again with Pin.  Said it was removed.
  • Got letter from Chase dated April 03 to remove Freeze before going forward with App.
  • Tried to Use Pin to Remove and it just will not take.   Even tried to just lift, no go!

So, anyone have any input how to get them to take off the so-called already removed freeze?  Fax?

10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: TransUnion Freeze Removed, Chase Letter Not Removed

Moved thread to 'General Credit' to get additional exposure for freeze/lock issue.

--UB

Message 2 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

This is what I use for TU. Good luck

https://freeze.transunion.com/

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LuvsRetro wrote:

Been having a heck of a time trying to get the Fraud Alerts and Freezes removed permanently from DH's files.

He applied with Chase and Amex..same day.

• He called TransUnion to get a new pin early March.  
  • Called again to have Fraud Alert removed.  20 minutes of Identity Verification.  Didn't realize he should have done the Freeze same time....
  • Got Pin....Called 03/25/2018 to remove Freeze....was going to just lift and use TrueIdentity Lock.
  • TrueIdentity Lock won't lock because there is a Freeze, huh!?  
  • Called TU back to remove freeze again with Pin.  Said it was removed.
  • Got letter from Chase dated April 03 to remove Freeze before going forward with App.
  • Tried to Use Pin to Remove and it just will not take.   Even tried to just lift, no go!

So, anyone have any input how to get them to take off the so-called already removed freeze?  Fax?

Equifax has given me such a hard time with updating my fraud alert when called women told me I didn't pass phone auth... Which is

odd because TransUnion and Experian never give me an issue with this... I've also had trouble removing incorrect address info off of

Equifax in the past even I've mailed the proper documents while I passed auth via mail address doesn't get updated always some

excuse however when I first added my fraud alert over the phone I passed Equifax with flying colors. Smiley LOL... As for your problem with Transunion I'd either fax or mail them probably do both at the same time then when you receive something back confirming both fax and mail I'd contact Chase also make sure credit locks are turned off for each of CRA's hope I could help... Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Re: TransUnion Freeze Removed, Chase Letter Not Removed. UPDATE: Fax worked, Freeze is gone!

Yes, I did that as well.  3 or 4 times.   No go.

Funny thing is I received a letter stating the freeze was removed.  Then apped Chase a week later.  

Then after the Chase letter stating my file was frozen, I pulled a TU report and there it was "This account has been frozen".   I tried to initiate a dispute to see if I could get it off, there was no way to do it....however, I removed all old phone numbers and got a dispute started.

Monday, I sent a Fax with 3rd request to remove freeze on Monday.  Got an alert from TU this morning stating a new report was ready.....thought it was phone number related....

Could not see the screen to see results so I initiated a dispute with a new report and was able to see  phone numbers are gone and the Security Freeze statement is no longer there.  Yay!!

10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Freeze Removed, Chase Letter Not Removed. UPDATE: Fax worked, Freeze is gone!

@LuvsRetro wrote:

Yes, I did that as well.  3 or 4 times.   No go.

Funny thing is I received a letter stating the freeze was removed.  Then apped Chase a week later.  

Then after the Chase letter stating my file was frozen, I pulled a TU report and there it was "This account has been frozen".   I tried to initiate a dispute to see if I could get it off, there was no way to do it....however, I removed all old phone numbers and got a dispute started.

Monday, I sent a Fax with 3rd request to remove freeze on Monday.  Got an alert from TU this morning stating a new report was ready.....thought it was phone number related....

Could not see the screen to see results so I initiated a dispute with a new report and was able to see  phone numbers are gone and the Security Freeze statement is no longer there.  Yay!!

Congrats! Hopefully the freeze is gone huh?... Smiley Wink Persistence pays off.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.