Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Score Version? Apple Card Denial

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

TransUnion Score Version? Apple Card Denial

I am in the middle of a BK right now and just wanted to see what a pre-approval would say for me for the Apple Card.

I knew I wouldn't be approved, but in the denial email, it stated my current TU score is 642.

I pay $30 a month for MyFICO and my TU score there from a few days ago says it is 496.

642 and 496 are pretty large gaps.

Does the Apple Card use a different TU score than Fico 8 or is MyFICO wrong?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Score Version? Apple Card Denial

@Total80sKid wrote:

I am in the middle of a BK right now and just wanted to see what a pre-approval would say for me for the Apple Card.

I knew I wouldn't be approved, but in the denial email, it stated my current TU score is 642.

I pay $30 a month for MyFICO and my TU score there from a few days ago says it is 496.

642 and 496 are pretty large gaps.

Does the Apple Card use a different TU score than Fico 8 or is MyFICO wrong?

Did the Apple application cite which version? 🙏🏻

And here's a thread which you might shortly find a useful read as you adjust it for your needs: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td... 🙏🏻

Message 2 of 5
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous 

This is what the email told me:

59F384FE-3703-441E-8ED2-8B45F55AEC67.jpeg

And I just did the $1 Experian all 3 credit bureau scores and my TU score there is the 496 that is on MyFICO report right now.

Not sure where Apple is getting that score.

Message 3 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Apple uses TU Fico 9 which is where you're probably finding the disparity. Fico 9 is more forgiving of certain negatives compared to Fico 8

Message 4 of 5
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Apple uses TU Fico 9 which is where you're probably finding the disparity. Fico 9 is more forgiving of certain negatives compared to Fico 8

That makes perfect sense now.

Thank you, @simplynoir !

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.