Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Credit Report Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion Credit Report Question

Hi! I noticed that an automobile loan I paid off years ago had a late payment on it that was incorrect, when I disputed this with Transunion they deleted the entire record.

Is there anyway to contact them to have them update that 1 payment as correct and put the account back? My concern is my AAOA and that since that's the only car loan I've ever had I really like having it in the mix.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion Credit Report Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi! I noticed that an automobile loan I paid off years ago had a late payment on it that was incorrect, when I disputed this with Transunion they deleted the entire record.

Is there anyway to contact them to have them update that 1 payment as correct and put the account back? My concern is my AAOA and that since that's the only car loan I've ever had I really like having it in the mix.

Yeah, unfortunately, thats the risk of disputing payment history on old accounts.Not likely to get them to "put it back".

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you only disputed an item under an account and the whole account was deleted, then it is likely that the deletion was not done by the CRA as a result of their reinvestigation of the dispute, but rather the creditor decided to delete all reporting, likely to preclude any more disputes that waste their time and money to investigate.

I would presume that the CRA never sent a formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation accompanied by a modified copy of your credit report, which would have been requried if they had done the deletion based on their reinvestigation. 

Once receiving a copy of the dispute, if the creditor deletes the account, any dispute becomes moot, and no Notice of Resutls is then requuired to conclude an reinvestigation of now non-existent reporting.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately, thats the risk of disputing payment history on old accounts.Not likely to get them to "put it back".

FWIW, I had the same exact thing happen with one of my older car loans.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help everyone, I should have left well enough be.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.