cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Score Bought on MYFICO Accurate?

tag
bigraydaddy65
Established Member

Transunion Score Bought on MYFICO Accurate?

I've read on here that Transunion report you purchase here uses the '98 scoring model which is just about obsolete. Most everyone now uses the '04 model.

Is that true? Can you purchase an accurate TU score?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

7/18/10 TU 684 Equifax 658
3/7/2017 TU 752 Equifax 762 Experian 793
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Transunion Score Bought on MYFICO Accurate?

I don't know of anywhere you can buy it but if you have a Walmart credit card and sign up for paperless billing they will give you a TU fico which a few of us on here believes it might be TU 04

Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Per mortgage lending, most use TU04, though I bet most CC lenders or auto lenders do not use TU04 (or TU98). You cannot buy TU04 from anywhere.

Message 3 of 8
winstars
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Per mortgage lending, most use TU04, though I bet most CC lenders or auto lenders do not use TU04 (or TU98). You cannot buy TU04 from anywhere.

I think I read almost all the posts here and at the other board concerning which score WalMart is giving out and wound up very confused. Did I miss some consensus by everyone on what model TU they are giving out??? 

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@winstars wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I think I read almost all the posts here and at the other board concerning which score WalMart is giving out and wound up very confused. Did I miss some consensus by everyone on what model TU they are giving out??? 

The answer is: we don't know. We know it isn't TU98 since many of us have pulled both on the same day and it didn't match. Maybe it is TU04. Maybe it is TU08. Maybe it is a CC-enhanced FICO score. Maybe it is something else. I dunno. I vote for CC-enhanced myself. NextGen maybe? Personally, I think we would have found out by now whether or not it is TU04. Surely there have been some out there with this card who applied for a mortgage and compared scores on the same day. The truth will come out one day. I know for sure the score WalMart uses in consideration of applying is not a Classic score and isn't the same as they offer for free on their website.

Message 5 of 8
winstars
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@winstars wrote:

@llecs wrote:

The answer is: we don't know. We know it isn't TU98 since many of us have pulled both on the same day and it didn't match. Maybe it is TU04. Maybe it is TU08. Maybe it is a CC-enhanced FICO score. Maybe it is something else. I dunno. I vote for CC-enhanced myself. NextGen maybe? Personally, I think we would have found out by now whether or not it is TU04. Surely there have been some out there with this card who applied for a mortgage and compared scores on the same day. The truth will come out one day. I know for sure the score WalMart uses in consideration of applying is not a Classic score and isn't the same as they offer for free on their website.

Since we always say here that trying to correlate FAKOS and FICOS is pointless, is trying see if the WalMart scores are consistantly higher or lower than what we get here equally as pointless??? If not then if I was more computer savvy, I would do a poll or something like that  here to see what the story is: scores wise. As stated above so9me people have done both MYFICO  TU and WalMart TU the same day. But it could wind up like FAKOS vs FICOS where the data its all  over the place with no rhyme or reason. However, if there are consistant differences  between the two across the board, then whatever model of TU that WalMart uses, we will know more than we do now.

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, it isn't pointless. You are more likely to find correlations comparing FICOs to FICOs than you are in comparing FICOs vs. FAKOs. As an example, if your TU98 score goes up, there's a much higher chance that your TU04 would move in the same direction. In comparing FICO and FAKO, it's very common for one to go up and the other down. And the differences between persons would certainly be difference and data would be everywhere. I've seen differences between TU98 and TU04, as an example, of 40 points in either direction. But I'd hazard a guess in saying that if your TU98 increases by 10 points, there's a decent chance your TU04 would do the same. It's much more predictive than comparing FICO to FAKO. Also, what's the alternative? If a FAKO is out, how else can you compare or predict what score your lender might use? Quite frankly if myFICO sold all of the FICO versions out there, even if it was at the same price it is now, they'd see a significant increase in business (at least from me anyway).

Message 7 of 8

Where can we purchase the most approximate estimate of our TU score? The MyFico score via Suze Orman is way off...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.