cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion scoring models

tag
Quicksilver77

Transunion scoring models

I was reading in the forums that myfico uses TU 98 and that walmart's score is TU 08. What is the difference in scores and which one is more accurate in your opinion? Is it the same with equifax? Thank you in advance!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rcolombe
Contributor

Re: Transunion scoring models

I have the same question. I just had a lender pull my score and they used Transunion Classic 04 which was over a 60 point difference, not in my favor.

Starting Score: EQ-563 TU-515 EX-578 VANTAGE-609 September 2013
Current Score: EQ-639 TU-627 EX-625 VANTAGE 662
Goal Score: 700 All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They are all accurate. TU98 is an older version than TU08, for instance. Different lenders can or may use one of several versions of scores. How are they different?

FICO 08 is more forgiving of consumers with a couple of late payments but not repeat offenders.
More weight given to consumers with a mix of credit types
Increased protection for lenders from AUs abuse while still recognizing legitimate AUs
Consumers who utilize a high percentage of their rev balance are penalized to a greater extent.

Classic 04 are not available to consumers and are generally for mortgage lending.
Message 3 of 4
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
They are all accurate. TU98 is an older version than TU08, for instance. Different lenders can or may use one of several versions of scores. How are they different?

FICO 08 is more forgiving of consumers with a couple of late payments but not repeat offenders.
More weight given to consumers with a mix of credit types
Increased protection for lenders from AUs abuse while still recognizing legitimate AUs
Consumers who utilize a high percentage of their rev balance are penalized to a greater extent.

Classic 04 are not available to consumers and are generally for mortgage lending.

Do you know if the classic 04 is still heavily used in the auto industry? Or have the auto lenders moved on to 08?

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.