Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try Reconsideration! It works!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Try Reconsideration! It works!

Still not a word outta Fred Meyer/Krogers/CITI. No INQ, no letter, no nothing.

But, Chase gave me a $400 CL CC. Here's my begging, pleading, groveling recon letter.

Thank you for considering my credit application, and I know that my credit reports show a less than ideal applicant.  However, I am writing today to ask that you reconsider my application.

I have maintained current car payments on two vehicles over the past six and a half years, I have paid down most of my debt, and I have maintained an almost perfect recent payment history with only one late payment in the last five years.  The single biggest bad marks on my credit reports are two accounts with Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PFCU).

Over the last five years, I have contacted PFCU on several occasions and offered to repay the debt at $200 a month until paid in full.  This is twice the minimum payment on the monthly statements they continue to send me, and they have refused to talk with me.  The collection agency to which they assigned the debt refused to accept any form of monthly payments and insisted upon a lump sum for almost the full amount—which I did not have.  When they handed the account over to an attorney, I contacted the attorney and he readily accepted $200 monthly payments on the debt.  I will never understand why PFCU was unwilling to accept $200 a monthly directly from me in 2002, when I first extended the offer, but the attorney retained by PFCU would so willingly accept these terms.  This debt could have been paid in full almost three years ago, but instead my credit suffers despite my willingness to pay the debt I owe.

When my wife and I fell behind on our debts after several job layoffs about seven years ago, Chase was willing to work with us to repay our debts.  We thank you for that.

Whatever your decision, thank you again for considering my request.
Message 21 of 25
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Letter is awesome. I want to grant you credit!

HEHE
Message 22 of 25
Cory
Established Contributor

That's a great letter Noah, I'll try and use that same letter too.

Cory
Message 23 of 25
ToddLipps
Valued Member

I was unaware that a decline will lower my score.  Where do declines typicallly show up on the report?

Message 24 of 25
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@ToddLipps wrote:

I was unaware that a decline will lower my score.  Where do declines typicallly show up on the report?

Hi ToddLipps,

A decline does not lower your score. They do not show up on a report.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.