cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two- Cycle or Double -Cycle Balances

veracious
Established Contributor

Two- Cycle or Double -Cycle Balances

While researching  Balance Computation Methods on the FTC 's  Facts for Consumers website I came across

this type of balane computation method.     Anyone know which CCC's use this method?.

Also, is it  an agreement that is used by CCC's with only certain customers?

The article I referenced also mentioned the most common balance methods such as: Avg. Daily Balance, Adj.Balance, and Previous Balance.

Do most  CCC's use Avg. Daily balance  and how often are the other types used in this credit climate?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Two- Cycle or Double -Cycle Balances

The answer is no should be using this method now due to recent legislation. See link below

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/help/what-the-new-credit-card-rules-mean-6000.php

The answer to  your question is on the second page of the article.

FICO 8 EX 794 TU 794 EF 805
Discover IT Opened 9/1990 CL 19,000, JC Penney Opened 10/2008 CL 4700, US Bank Cash Plus Opened 8/2010 CL 12000, Citibank Double Cash Opened 5/2015 CL 11,100, Chase Freedom Flex Opened 09/2020 CL 10,500
Message 2 of 3
veracious
Established Contributor

Re: Two- Cycle or Double -Cycle Balances

Thank you,   AndySoCal.

I didn't know it ended in Feb. 2010  with one of the provisions of the Credit Card Act.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.