Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank 4 HP in 4 months????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank 4 HP in 4 months????

Hey everybody,

I applied for a mortgage loan through my bank (US Bank). The first HP was when I first applied, the second HP was because the app timed out while we were waiting on an appraisal. Then I get a call from my banker telling me that some records guy took too long and the app timed out again, but I was def approved, so of course the 3rd HP. So I go close the very next week and I figure now that im out of the garden I may as well apply for a credit card while im here, so I ask the banker who tells me that since the last HP was only a week before that they would use that one. I say ok and I get instant approval with an $18,000 CLI! So I get an alert the next day saying I got another HP...LOL So my question is; how long is this going to be on my record? it doesnt even show that the first 3 were pulled for a mortgage... this resulted in me having 7 HP in EQ

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank 4 HP in 4 months????

It will be on your report for 2 years but will only affect your FICO for 1 year.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was afraid of that...Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would recommend contacting the lendor and requesting that they change the coding of the subsequent inquiries to soft.

While FICO will count multiple inqiries for mortgage, auto, or student loans made within a window of approx 14 days as a single inquiry, you are likely outside of the sliding window period used by FICO to score inquries.  If recoded as soft, they will no longer show in credit reports available to anyone other than you,  and will be removed from scoring.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.