Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncooperative Creditor (Need Advice)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uncooperative Creditor (Need Advice)

Long story short.  I voluntarily surrendered a vehicle in October 2018, the creditor reported as FC (foreclosure).  When looking for a mortgage lender in May, I found out this creditor had reported every month since 10/2018 to 04/2021 "120 days late" each month.  I filed a dispute and was told it would be corrected.  They did remove the 120 days late each month...and replaced it with FC for every month.  I've attempted to contact the creditor and they refuse to let me talk to the department that reports to the bureaus.  Not sure what to do at this point.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Will this impact my getting a home loan?  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Uncooperative Creditor (Need Advice)

Was the account delinquent 120 days when you voluntarily surrendered?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it was, the account was actually closed april of this year after the dispute was completed..

Message 3 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Then the 120 days late reporting every month was accurate. When you disputed it, they changed it to FC every month. Either one hurts the same because of the "foreclosure" status. Creditors have the option of either reporting the highest delinquency prior to foreclosure/charge off, or the foreclosure/charge off notation. So there's nothing inaccurate here.

As for whether or not it would affect a mortgage, that varies by lender.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Much appreciated, thank you

Message 5 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Long story short.  I voluntarily surrendered a vehicle in October 2018, the creditor reported as FC (foreclosure).  When looking for a mortgage lender in May, I found out this creditor had reported every month since 10/2018 to 04/2021 "120 days late" each month.  I filed a dispute and was told it would be corrected.  They did remove the 120 days late each month...and replaced it with FC for every month.  I've attempted to contact the creditor and they refuse to let me talk to the department that reports to the bureaus.  Not sure what to do at this point.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Will this impact my getting a home loan?  

Yes it will no doubt affect your getting a home loan.

Total revolving limits 589000 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 6 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Voluntary repossession

Yup, they can report it as long as it remains unpaid but to report it as a foreclosure is odd usual reporting is repo. Once its updated to paid then per CRA rules updating is to stop.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, once I paid the balance they stopped reporting and closed the account.  Thanks so much for your reply.

Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hi there OP, I have merged these two threads together as they are on the same subject. Please in the future refrain from posting in multi forums as it can lead to confusion by the members and its not in line with our TOS. Thanks for your understanding on this.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.