Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand AAOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand AAOA

I am tying to understand AAOA and need some help.  When I look at my scores on MyFICO they show EX AAOA 5 years 7 months, TU AAOA 3 years 6 months and EQ 4 years 1 month, however if I look at CK it shows 1 year 10 months for TU and EQ.  Can someone help me understand how to figure AAOA?  I understand that it can be different on each report based on who is reporting to what agency.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Understand AAOA

CK only takes into account open accounts so that's useless. The others should all be the same since they rightfully include all opened and closed accounts. The difference could be that you don't have all accounts reporting to all agencies.
Message 2 of 16
thornback
Senior Contributor

CK / Vantage models only consider open accounts in your AAoA - which is likely why that AAoA is much lower.   FICO considers both open and closed accounts.   And, as you stated, the discrepencies in your FICO AAoA are likely due to which accounts are / are not reported to each bureau. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! That helps me a lot.
Message 4 of 16
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

I'm a subscriber to myFICO monitoring. Where exactly does it show AAoA? I can't find it.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
I'm a subscriber to myFICO monitoring. Where exactly does it show AAoA? I can't find it.

I'd like to know this also.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found them on the home page of MyFICO when you log in under insights. You can click on each one of the credit reports and it will tell you about each report and what is helping you and hurting you.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
I found them on the home page of MyFICO when you log in under insights. You can click on each one of the credit reports and it will tell you about each report and what is helping you and hurting you.

I don't see anything that says'insight'. Where is it on the page, top, bottom, right/left side, middle?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the mobile app it is straight at the bottom in the middle of the page. It looks like a banner and you have to slide it up.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
From the mobile app it is straight at the bottom in the middle of the page. It looks like a banner and you have to slide it up.

Then maybe it's just on the mobile app as I don't see on my desk top.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.