Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding TC FAKO scores versus FICO scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understanding TC FAKO scores versus FICO scores

Can someone help me understand how credit scores can vary so greatly from one website to another? On True Credit my scores are TU736, Exp728, and Eq674. On MyFico Website they are TU609, Eq667, and Exp668.

Note: this post originally appeared on the thread congratulating HappyDays for becoming a mod.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-26-2008 05:13 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Understanding TC FAKO scores versus FICO scores

@Anonymous wrote:
Can someone help me understand how credit scores can vary so greatly from one website to another? On True Credit my scores are TU736, Exp728, and Eq674. On MyFico Website they are TU609, Eq667, and Exp668.

Hi, bamabound, welcome to the forums! I'm moving your post to start a new thread, since it is unrelated to this thread.

I've got to run to work, but basically your scores from TrueCredit are junk. We call them (and similar scores) FAKO's, because they pretend that they're useful like FICO's, but they are used by no one and are completely meaningless. Also, much of their advice is completely wrong, and if followed, can really do a number on your real credit.

It's very common for TC FAKO's to be higher than FICO's until your FICO's hit around 680 or so. Then FICO's tend to be higher than TC FAKO's, go figure.

However, TrueCredit reports are great --I use them several times a week, and I consider them to be invaluable. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-26-2008 05:12 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.