Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upset

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upset

Recently I pulled a credit report and noticed that my limit on one of my cards was dropped, from 3000 to 300, and I was untold about this. Also, when I called to inquire about this they said that it doesn't matter right now as the account will be closing in a month. I paniced and asked about this and was told it was at the discretion of their company.

It was a Rooms to Go card through Citibank, branded Rooms to Go. This was a card that I had made a large purchase on, and paid it off before the terms of the no payments and no interest promotion that they had. I am scared as to how much more my score would have gone up had it not been dropped, and now how my score is going to be affected when the account gets closed.

I have gone through some credit problems, I had 3 accounts that were settled for less than the amount owed and many other cards that I had defaulted on. I am now current, and have been for 2 years and had everythign paid off. I am scared as to this account and what is going to happen. I had opened the card before my financial problems and then came out of the financial problems and got everything taken care of.

They still would not give me a reason as to why they lowered the score, but they are no longer going to be servicing rooms to go, they are moving to ashley furniture now instead of rooms to go, and I would have to apply for a new card, they are not to just transfer it over.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Upset

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently I pulled a credit report and noticed that my limit on one of my cards was dropped, from 3000 to 300, and I was untold about this. Also, when I called to inquire about this they said that it doesn't matter right now as the account will be closing in a month. I paniced and asked about this and was told it was at the discretion of their company.

It was a Rooms to Go card through Citibank, branded Rooms to Go. This was a card that I had made a large purchase on, and paid it off before the terms of the no payments and no interest promotion that they had. I am scared as to how much more my score would have gone up had it not been dropped, and now how my score is going to be affected when the account gets closed.

I have gone through some credit problems, I had 3 accounts that were settled for less than the amount owed and many other cards that I had defaulted on. I am now current, and have been for 2 years and had everythign paid off. I am scared as to this account and what is going to happen. I had opened the card before my financial problems and then came out of the financial problems and got everything taken care of.

They still would not give me a reason as to why they lowered the score, but they are no longer going to be servicing rooms to go, they are moving to ashley furniture now instead of rooms to go, and I would have to apply for a new card, they are not to just transfer it over.

I'm sorry you joined the forums under these circumstances. You are not alone in your frustration. Many. many people are having their credit limits slashed, interest rates raised, or accounts closed all together. You can call and ask for a reconsideration but the creditors have the right to take all these actions.

Losing this account won't hurt you score wise unless you still have a balance on it. You will lose the credit limit which might raise your utilization if you have balances on other cards. It will continue to help your AAoA (Average Age of Accounts) and credit length history for up to10 years after closing.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.