Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Not Reporting Limit

tag
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Venture Not Reporting Limit

I was recently approved for a C1 Venture with a 15K limit, however when it finally reported I noticed it's showing as a flexible spending credit card and the limit is not reporting.  I was originally hoping it would report to help with my util.

I have been researching old posts, but can't seem to find a definitive answer to my questions.  When it reported this month, there is no limit and just shows the balance.  Based on what I've gathered from other posts, I assume next month my high balance will be reported as the limit.

My questions:

1.) Is not having a limit report negatively affecting my utilization/score?

2.) Is there a way to have this corrected by contacting C1?

I have other signature cards with Capital One that report as flexible spending and reports the limit so I'm confused as to why this one is not.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture Not Reporting Limit

All of my flexible spending cards report the limit. Maybe someone else can chime in. 

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Some older FICO versions used high prior balance if no credit limit is reported.

However, that is apparently no longer the case in more recent FICO models.

I would call the creditor an request they report the approved credit limit if it has been granted as part of your account agreement.

Perhaps they will provide info for not reporting, such as it is not a formal part of your account agreement.

If you cannot informally get it reported, I would file a formal dispute of the accuracy and completeness of their reporting.

Message 3 of 6
jj10939
Regular Contributor

OK, will do.  Thanks for the responses

Message 4 of 6
driftless
Valued Contributor

OP: What credit service are you using to see your CL?

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jj10939 wrote:

I was recently approved for a C1 Venture with a 15K limit, however when it finally reported I noticed it's showing as a flexible spending credit card and the limit is not reporting.  I was originally hoping it would report to help with my util.

I have been researching old posts, but can't seem to find a definitive answer to my questions.  When it reported this month, there is no limit and just shows the balance.  Based on what I've gathered from other posts, I assume next month my high balance will be reported as the limit.

My questions:

1.) Is not having a limit report negatively affecting my utilization/score?

2.) Is there a way to have this corrected by contacting C1?

I have other signature cards with Capital One that report as flexible spending and reports the limit so I'm confused as to why this one is not.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Don't worry, it will report. My Venture card did the same thing the first month, then after that the credit limit was reported.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.