Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Hard Check or Soft Check??

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Verizon Hard Check or Soft Check??

@Anonymous wrote:

This is one reason I still use Straight Talk* (no-contract, $45.00/month or $43.73 auto-pay) as my cell provider; another reason is that, even though the major mobile providers HP your reports, they don't report your payment history/activity to the CRA's unless you've fallen behind. Seems a waste of a perfectly good HP to me.

*If you're considering Straight Talk, I'd recommend bringing your own phone or buying a new one up front - I bought a new iPhone SE 64GB in February - rather than relying on Straight Talk's pre-packaged phones, which are either older models or are less capable versions of current models.

Tracfone works for me, as talking is the least thing I use my Android phone for - $20 every 3 months to keep the account active & the 180 talk minutes w/carryover of unused minutes is usually more than enough, with an occasional $10 for an extra gigabyte of data.

And these phone/TV companies can be sneaky. A couple years ago I ordered DirecTV, they wanted my DOB & Soc.Sec.#. I protested, saying I was not app'ing for credit. Rep said the last 4 digits would be enough - it was, for a HP. Smiley Mad After the 2 year intro was over & the monthly rate went to $80+/mo. I cancelled. Now I get a dozen broadcast channels by antenna plus internet streaming, more than enough TV for me. Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 22
yourficouser
Contributor

Re: Verizon Hard Check or Soft Check??

Is Verizon post-paid still a hard credit inquiry in February 2018?

What happens if you have your Equifax credit report locked?

Thanks!!!

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.