Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weirdest Thing - Early Update on CC Balance

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Weirdest Thing - Early Update on CC Balance

Today checking on my Experian Report I saw that Sync on my HSN card had updated. It always updates around the 13th of the month after the due date of the 5th.

Had me scratching my head why would they update even before the due date and way earlier than usual.

No new charges made just a payment on the 1st of Feb. Balance 500 (12 month zero finance) so no triggering Zero Balance causing an update as some cards do.

Have to keep this in mind that they do things like this (random updates) if I entertain AZEO anytime down the road.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Weirdest Thing - Early Update on CC Balance

If you have Synchrony card, you better get used to this.

While it doesn't happen for some, for others they might report whenever during the cycle, typically after a purchase or payment.

Message 2 of 4
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

If you have Synchrony card, you better get used to this.

While it doesn't happen for some, for others they might report whenever during the cycle, typically after a purchase or payment.

I believe they did it once for my Overstock card (2 yrs old) but only that one time.

My HSN (2 yrs 2 months old) initially started with Comenity and after around a year was taken over by Sync never deviated reporting until this occurence hopefully just a once in a blue moon thing. I thrive on consistency but fortunately I also know how to adjust.

Message 3 of 4
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

Today checking on my Experian Report I saw that Sync on my HSN card had updated. It always updates around the 13th of the month after the due date of the 5th.

Had me scratching my head why would they update even before the due date and way earlier than usual.

No new charges made just a payment on the 1st of Feb. Balance 500 (12 month zero finance) so no triggering Zero Balance causing an update as some cards do.

Have to keep this in mind that they do things like this (random updates) if I entertain AZEO anytime down the road.

Sync reported my Marvel MC on 1/31 when the normal reporting would be 2/13.   This is the first time it has happened.   It was only a $101 balance that got reported so no biggie. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.