cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happens When Account is Deleted from Credit Report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Happens When Account is Deleted from Credit Report?

I'm a newbie with the whole credit report system. Really. I was added as an authorized user to my parent's credit card, but then decided to be removed (even though my parent was not delinquent or anything). It wasn't helping my credit score and I didn't want to deal with it.

I would like that account to be erased from my three credit reports. The bank said they would notify the credit bureaus that I was removed, and said that the credit bureaus should remove the info off my credit report.

So, what will that look like? Will it show that I once had a credit card, but then the account was deleted? Or will it be like it never happened? In other words, will this incident of two weeks of me being an authorized user be recorded in my credit report history as those two weeks, or will it just disappear?

My other accounts show a monthly history on my credit report...I really wouldn't like there to be a notice that for such and such month, I had a credit card (was an authorized user) and then that was deleted. I would just like for it to be gone altogether.

Thanks for being nice! I'm so new to this.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: What Happens When Account is Deleted from Credit Report?

If it is deleted. it will be nothing there. which will hurt you in long run. in fact. no one knows. when . but fico 8 does not count in many cases. the au. so it does not matter. just take your time and build you own file. but it sure would have been nice to piggyback to get your start. then after some while get removed. there is nothing wrong with being a Authorized user.
just like nothing wrong with inheritance.Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Hopefully it was a Amex that you were a AU on that way it would set your MSD.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no clue what you're saying. American Express? Ok. No, it wasn't. MSD? What?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's just that I didn't like the fact that if my parent went delinquent, it would show up as a negative account on my credit report. 

I would rather have my credit be wholly my own. 

Message 5 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

He asked if card you were removed from was a amex. Msd. Member since date would follow you. But evidently not. I say to you. Read read and read some more here. To understand the help people are trying to give you.
Message 6 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

If I they were late. You could always get that off since you are not responsible. You are not thinking of au correctly. They would not punish you because parents late. But you could benefit. If they late. Call say have them remove you. Then all is removed including their lates.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, what's done is done. I just don't know what my credit report will look like after the account is deleted. Does a record remain of the account on my report, that it was deleted or something?

Message 8 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

I said already everything is deleted. And no. There won't be any remarks saying something was deleted.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not understanding what amex MSD means at all...date would follow me?>>Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.