cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Worst Curernt Status: "All Clear" mean?

tag
slayerbizkit
Established Member

What does Worst Curernt Status: "All Clear" mean?

I have an experian credit score of 670, the scores from the big 3 and FICO all fall in the same ballpark. All my accounts have never been late in the past 7 years. I do have one deragatory on there and the Statute of Limitations have ran out in the state where the deragatory came from, but it's 3 more years until it falls off my report. On my experian report, it states: Worst Status: Failed to Pay. Worst current status: All clear. I've never heard of the term out clear outside my stint in the military, and google doesn't say much. Any clues?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What does Worst Curernt Status: "All Clear" mean?

@slayerbizkit wrote:

I have an experian credit score of 670, the scores from the big 3 and FICO all fall in the same ballpark. All my accounts have never been late in the past 7 years. I do have one deragatory on there and the Statute of Limitations have ran out in the state where the deragatory came from, but it's 3 more years until it falls off my report. On my experian report, it states: Worst Status: Failed to Pay. Worst current status: All clear. I've never heard of the term out clear outside my stint in the military, and google doesn't say much. Any clues?

Just that you have no outstanding deliquencies is my understanding of it.

Vis a vis my 30/60 day late from back in the day, 60 days late is the worst status, current status A-OK.  Which report service did you see this on?

        
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Current status is only a snapshot of the account status as of the date of the last ("current") reporting by the creditor.

It does not contain or refer to any prior status.

The prior status is retaned in a separate code called the Payment Rating, and the individual prior derogs are retained by date for pupose of determining their exclusion dates under the Payment History Profile.

When an account has a Current Status of delinquency, such as 60-late, and is then returned to good-standing the Current Status no longer shows any delinquency.  The reportng manual does not use the specific term "all clear" to reflect good-standing, it uses "pays as agreed" or "paid", with a desginator such as "was 60-late.". 

That is a term used by the party who produced the commercial credit report. 

The prior, and now no-longer "current" status is retained under the Payment Rating, and is apparently what your report is referring to as the "worst current status."

Technically, you have only one current ststus, not a highest current status.

Message 3 of 5
slayerbizkit
Established Member

So essentially, an all clear is the equivalent of an account being "paid" or "paid as agreed" ? (I am aware that paid/paid as agreed doesn't increase my credit score). 

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.