Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my best option

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: What is my best option

A BT card won't help with your high revolving utilization.  A personal loan is probably a dubious solution as well with such high revolving utilization.

1488 / 1500 = 99%

498 / 500 = 100%

You have to get your maxed cards down ASAP.  You don't have to get them immediately to 30% but you do need to get them lower than they are.

@Anonymous wrote:

I think given maxxxed out cards i may nolt exactly qualify for Balance Transfer card but it seems if 0% for 9-18 mos depending on the offer would be a practical thing to do.

It's not just a matter of qualifying.  Your maxed cards and high utilization will severly restrict the limit you'd qualify for if approved.

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover (TU;denied in June 2015 for maxxed cc) 

What's the saying about the definition of insanity?  Not only do you have 2 maxed cards but you have others at 79% and 44%.  Overall is 61%.  This is very high.

@Anonymous wrote:

The thing i m debating in my own mind is to app NOWWWW (becoz its been 6+ mos since i last apped for discover n DENIED)  

It is not simply a matter of time.  It is a matter of your credit profile.  You were denied for maxed cards.  You still have maxed cards.  Why are you expecting different results?  Have there been other drastic improvements in factors with a major scoring impact that you have not mentioned?

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is my best option

Only 1 of 4 cards have been less than 3% balance reporting (Merrick Bank). 

I know i need to bring down utilization quickly without adding another BT card. However, the purpose of BT card was to level out same balances and still maintain 30-40% utilization.

1488/1500 transfer $900

498/500 Transfer 300

When BT card is around $3000 SL, its worth it. i think. $1200/$3000. thats nearly 40% util overall . 

Now all this is contigent upon SL of $3000 anything less than that & it may not work.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.