Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do CC report to CRA?

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

When do CC report to CRA?

I just got several new cards and am trying to make sure I know what I am doing for AZEO.  So who knows what cards report when?

Cap One - Reports on statement cut. 

Chase - Reports at statement cut and off cycle when balance is at $0.

Discover - ?   I got alerts that discover reported my new TL right away, I have not had a statement cut yet but I also got an alert yesterday that a balance had been reported.  Does discover report at month end?

AMEX - ?

Citi - ?

Sync (Lowes) - ?

Elan Financial - Reports at month end. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do CC report to CRA?

AMEX reports on statement date

Citi Diamond reports on statement date which in my case is 48 hours after due date

My Cap One QS reports 24 to 48 hours after statement date.

Don't know about the rest.

Y

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll find that the vast majority report on the statement cut date or within a couple of days of that.  As long as you have a CMS of some sort like Credit Karma you can see the last reported dates, so within 2 cycles you'll be able to jot down the date you can expect all of your accounts to report once each of them reports once after the initial reporting.

Message 3 of 9
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

You'll find that the vast majority report on the statement cut date or within a couple of days of that.  As long as you have a CMS of some sort like Credit Karma you can see the last reported dates, so within 2 cycles you'll be able to jot down the date you can expect all of your accounts to report once each of them reports once after the initial reporting.

Yes I use CK.  I will have to track it that way.   I just wasn't expecting the alert from Discover.   My AZEO may not be right for a couple of months, but it really won't matter since I'm in the garden right now. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 4 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@MakingProgresswrote:

I just got several new cards and am trying to make sure I know what I am doing for AZEO.  So who knows what cards report when?

Discover - ?   I got alerts that discover reported my new TL right away, I have not had a statement cut yet but I also got an alert yesterday that a balance had been reported.  Does discover report at month end?

AMEX - ?

Citi - ?

Sync (Lowes) - ?

My discover card statement period ends today and usually posts a few days after. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MakingProgressYes I use CK.  I will have to track it that way.   I just wasn't expecting the alert from Discover.   My AZEO may not be right for a couple of months, but it really won't matter since I'm in the garden right now. 

You are correct, no need to sweat AZEO post-apps... only pre-apps if you feel the scoring boost could benefit your app results.  You can take a couple of cycles to compile your reporting date data and then be all set for AZEO from there on out.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes reports after statement cut, but apparently also when there's a large swing.  I paid $3K toward my $15K balance and it reported immediately, then reported again at statement cut reflecting the new interest charge.

Message 7 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MakingProgress wrote:

AMEX - ?

Citi - ?

Sync (Lowes) - ?

Discover, Amex, Sync, and Citi all report statement balance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 8 of 9
blindambition
Senior Contributor

It is not uncommon for Amex taking a couple bill cycles to start reporting. Although, my last 2 posted at the end of first cycle.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.