cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does USBank and Discover Report to CRA’s?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does USBank and Discover Report to CRA’s?

Hi MyFico Fam,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. I have a question for those of you who are familiar with USB and Disco. My USB statement cut yesterday and I'm sure Miss Disco isn't far behind. When should I expect each to start reporting to CRA's from opening? TIA

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: When does USBank and Discover Report to CRA’s?

US Bank will report the balance on the last business day of the month 

Discover should report shortly after your statement 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, DragonTears. These are new accounts though, so I'm wondering if there's a certain waiting period  from actual account opening- like after X amount of statement periods to start reporting? 

Message 3 of 11
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

They will report what the balance is on that day, not what the balance was at the statement date.

Reports the statement balance.

Message 4 of 11
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi MyFico Fam,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. I have a question for those of you who are familiar with USB and Disco. My USB statement cut yesterday and I'm sure Miss Disco isn't far behind. When should I expect each to start reporting to CRA's from opening? TIA

I opened with Disco on Mar.20 and had my first statement on Apr.3 they reported 2 days later on the 5th. Quickest turn ive had. Congrats on your new CC's!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi MyFico Fam,

I opened with Disco on Mar.20 and had my first statement on Apr.3 they reported 2 days later on the 5th. Quickest turn ive had. Congrats on your new CC's!!

Thank you, Bowie! 

Message 6 of 11
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi MyFico Fam,

Thank you, Bowie! 

Quite welcome angelwingz! 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 7 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, DragonTears. These are new accounts though, so I'm wondering if there's a certain waiting period  from actual account opening- like after X amount of statement periods to start reporting? 

I just opened Cash+ 3/1 and the statement cut on 3/27, new account reported to CRAs on 3/31. And note what others are saying about US Bank reporting what the balance is at the end of the month. My 3/27 statement balance was $287 but when they reported the account to the CRAs they reported a balance of $514, took me awhile to figure out what they were doing, $514 was my balance on 3/31.

Message 8 of 11
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi MyFico Fam,

If you ever open a Synch card they report before you even get the card in the mail lol

Message 9 of 11
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi MyFico Fam,

I applied for Cash+ on 3/14, was approved on 3/20 and reported to EX on 4/3, 2 days later it hit TU and EQ

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.