cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to apply for credit lessons learned...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to apply for credit lessons learned...

We are all along for the ride in this thing called life. Anything can happen and I've been there and done that like I'm sure most of you have. One of the most valuable financial lessons I've learned is when things are good, that's when to take action, go for the kill, go for the gusto  because when things are bad, no one will hear you out, no one wants your excuses and for sure no one cares who, when, how and why it happened. It's like you're the only one left at that party holding the bill  -- you didn't get the memo and what a feeling that was!

In otherwords, when things are great (oh I don't need the money or that credit line, etc...) that's when you should actually go shopping to better your INT rates, insurance,  credit lines, consolidate your bills, refi or what have you. This is the golden time to review and better your financials. But unfortunately, we've been conditioned to not do anything when times are good. It's that good ole' when it's not broken don't fix it stupid mentality.  But wait -- when things are about to turn for the worse, what do you do then? Wait let me guess yes react! You heard me loud and clear yes that's what we do best because that's what we know.

Just sayin' take heed we need to do that one thing that we all erk it's called "Change" and not spare change you can turn those into dollars if you set your mind to it..

Shout out to myFICO Community mentors, leaders and fellow members alike thank you so much!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: When to apply for credit lessons learned...

agreed. i just did that recently and am saving a ton of money after a refinance and change in insurance companies. i was so used to just staying with the same company and was stuck in the mindset that i had "bad" credit and was stuck with the companies that i was with. sometimes, it pays ---literally, to take a look at your financial situation.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.