cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the best place to get a personal loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the best place to get a personal loan?

I am buying a house and will be tapped out. I need to do some repairs to the house and get my car fixed.I need to get at least $6500 and need to know the best place to get a personal loan that will be repaid in a year. I was thinking of opening an account with Delta Credit Union and getting the loan there.Does anyone have any suggestions?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

Re: Where is the best place to get a personal loan?

Your local credit union will probably be your best bet.  They tend to have a better interest rate.

Message 2 of 3
sk8rmom56
Established Member

Re: Where is the best place to get a personal loan?

I'd also check out community banks in your area. I just this month got one from one, I actually was contacted by them (I'm not a customer). It seemed much too easy,but I was pre approved for a promotional. They are very new to here,having just absorbed another small group. I got a $5000 personal loan,at 7% for 36 months with no prepay penalty. I was also trying to find out about a personal loan for about a year now, for the same sort of things, not wanting to go to a HEL, but needing some dead trees removed,repairs on the kithchen sub floor and such. This just fell into the right time-right place karma thing for me. Also is reporting as a personal loan already and didn't hurt my score very much. Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.