Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Agency to purchase Credit Report

tag
creditclub700
Established Member

Which Credit Agency to purchase Credit Report

Hello everyone What advantage or disadvantage is there when you buy a credit report directly from each credit agency( TU, EXP, EQX) vs. buying it here on myfico.com that contains all 3 reports and scores? On a separate note.. I just paid off a card yesterday with Capital One and want to make sure it is updated with all 3 agencies before I purchase my credit reports. How long should I wait before I pull my reports? Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Cheers. Maria

Working on increasing my FICO scores.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Credit Agency to purchase Credit Report

It's hard for me to say, because in both cases paying money is (in my opinion) a bad idea.  As you have asked the question, all you want are the reports, and the reports are free.  The most expensive option is to pay $1 for the trial offer at Credit Check Total.  (That will also get you a FICO 8 Classic score at each bureau.)

There are lots of places to get free credit reports (based on data from EQ, EX, and TU) and they are just as reliable as buying them directly from the CRA or getting them from myFICO.

The only exception might be if a person wanted to see all of his soft-pull inquiries or if he wanted to see all of his trended data.  (An example of "trended data" is wanting to see a list of all payments you made to your Chase Freedom between Aug and Nov of last year.  Most consumers don't care about that kind of thing, nor do they care about soft inquiries.)

If you want either of those things you can always get your free report at AnnualCreditReport.com.  You can use that site to get one EQ, one TU, and and one EX report each year.

Otherwise there are as I say loads of places to get free reports as often as once a month -- or even more often.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Credit Agency to purchase Credit Report

Free sources of credit reports

TU (Daily reports):

WalletHub

TU and EQ (Weekly reports)

Credit Karma

EX (Monthly reports... also includes a FICO 8)

https://www.creditscore.com/

TU, EQ, EX (Annual)

annualCreditReport.com

There are probably other ones out there.

Almost free sources of credit reports:

$1 Trial offer at Credit Check Total (all three reports merged into 1, plus a FICO 8 at each)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.