Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Score?? Need some advice

tag
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Which Credit Score?? Need some advice

I have read on these forums that the FICO scores you can order are the same as Lenders use.

I am getting ready to apply for a VA Mortgage Loan and instead of having the Lenders pull my credit and hit me with inquires, I would like to see the actual scores and provide them with that info as basically a head start...

So first off, is it True that the scores are the same as lenders use?

Where can I order these? Is it the Basic, Advanced, Premier packages on the MyFico website??

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Which Credit Score?? Need some advice

@firemartinez1980. You can obtain your 3 bureau mortgage scores atFICO Advanced . Cancel plan after you obtain your scores and reports to avoid re-occurring monthly charge.

EX2, TU4, EQ5 are the scores lenders use for mortgage application. If nothing has changed on your credit report when they pull, then it should be the same scores you obtain.

Message 2 of 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

When I pulled my 3 Mortgage to check and they did a HP they did pull my middle Mortgage Score and it was spot on Smiley Happy   Good luck to you 

Message 3 of 5
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

EX2, TU4, EQ5 are the scores lenders use for mortgage application. If nothing has changed on your credit report when they pull, then it should be the same scores you obtain.

Correct, and also be aware that they might be substantially different scores than you're seeing on other websites using other scoring models.

For example, looking at the scores in my signature below, you'll see my mortgage scores are substantially lower than all the rest of them... hopefully it's the opposite for you Smiley Very Happy

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

I have read on these forums that the FICO scores you can order are the same as Lenders use.

I am getting ready to apply for a VA Mortgage Loan and instead of having the Lenders pull my credit and hit me with inquires, I would like to see the actual scores and provide them with that info as basically a head start...

So first off, is it True that the scores are the same as lenders use?

Yes

Where can I order these?

Here

Is it the Basic, Advanced, Premier packages on the MyFico website??

Advanced or Premier. Thereafter you get quarterly updates with Advanced or monthly updates with Premier.

Thanks in advance!!

You won't thank me when you see the price. $30 mo + tax for quarterly, $40 mo + tax for monthly.

The lenders use the middle score of the 3 bureaus' mortgage scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.