cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who pulls Experian only for new credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who pulls Experian only for new credit card?

My Experian score is considerably higher than the other two, and I was looking to add a new card. I live in NV, sometimes that makes a difference whether you live in the East or West. From doing some research, it looks like maybe Chase and B of A. Thanks in advance for any insights here.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who pulls Experian only for new credit card?

You mention an interest in Chase or BOA.  This link may help you:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/which-credit-bureau-does-chase-pull/

It includes links to BOA data and also data for other CCs. 

Even better would be to use the Credit Pulls Database:

http://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/credit-pulls-database/

It's unlikely that you will find people here more knowledgeable than these sources, since as you say it varies hugely by state.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex from what I've seen almost always pulls EX.

Question though, why is that one score for you considerably higher?  Can you work on cleaning up whatever is holding back your scores from the other 2 bureaus?

Having to worry about which bureau will be pulled when apping should be the last of one's worries, so I'd suggest working on making that a non-issue!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help. I have been using that credit pulls database site for a lot of research for about 6months now. I wish it had as many members as there are here. My only complaint is that there is not a lot of up to date info for some companies, but it is the best I have found so far. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

IMO the OP has plenty of CCs for the rebuild.  My recommendation would be to wait for their score to improve enough to qualify for cards they actually want.  Credit1 may pull EX exclusively, but it would be stupid to apply.

Some other banks that may pull EX:  FNBO, Nasa FCU, SDFCU and Wells Fargo.   If you are in their area (Utah/Nevada), check out America First Credit Union   They likely use EX since that is the score they provide for free.

https://www.americafirst.com/services/online-services/fico.cfm

I think SDDCU may also use EX:

https://www.sdccu.com/credit-cards-and-loans/credit-card

Citi and Chase both pulled EX for my last app, but they also pulled a second CRA for the app. 

PS. Be warned not all of the above use FICO 8 scores.  FNBO -EX-08 BankCard enhanced, Nasa FCU EX-98, WF EX-98 BankCard enhanced, etc.  The model they use may not be as favorable for your credit profile as 08 classic.

Message 5 of 6
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex from what I've seen almost always pulls EX.

Question though, why is that one score for you considerably higher?  Can you work on cleaning up whatever is holding back your scores from the other 2 bureaus?

Having to worry about which bureau will be pulled when apping should be the last of one's worries, so I'd suggest working on making that a non-issue!

It's been my experience as well that Amex only pulls EX.  I recently got both an Amex Everyday and a Macy's Amex (which is administered through Citi) and both of them only pulled EX.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.