Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Daily Pulls Cause Split File?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Daily Pulls Cause Split File?

I have been pulling my reports and scores daily from EID MPM for about three weeks. I sent a lot of GW letters and some disputes and I want to see if/when they change.

I just read about split files and now I'm scared. I'm not trying to b* anything, just monitor. Will daily pulling cause a split file? How long before this happens? In other words, how many daily pulls is too many?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will Daily Pulls Cause Split File?

Historically there have been issues around daily pullers (likely multiple), but I haven't gone looking to see if B* still works or not honestly.

It was such a stupid implementation anyway with so many easy fixes that I'd be absolutely floored if EQ / TU haven't fixed it in the last couple of years: it's a utterly serious flaw in their software as it means their data can't unilaterally be trusted as a result of the exploit, and for companies who's business is by definition about the accurate reporting of data, well...  get off your tookuses.

Anyway, I would continue using the services as designed as you are and not worry about it.  For all our harping about it, a split file, if it does happen, can be resolved albeit you'll have some amount of work you'll have to do to fix it; also if IIRC the people who were purposely doing it were using multiple daily pullers.  

If you're really curious you can take a look at the TU data pretty easily for SP's and see how many your service is logging; I just checked mine as a result of a dispute and while there was some wierdness in how CK was reporting (4 just today for SP's!?!? And a couple from the last six months) and there's been a lot more data refreshes than that, so I suspect there's some preventive measures in place.

        
Message 2 of 3
kalani91
Contributor

Re: Will Daily Pulls Cause Split File?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been pulling my reports and scores daily from EID MPM for about three weeks. I sent a lot of GW letters and some disputes and I want to see if/when they change.

I just read about split files and now I'm scared. I'm not trying to b* anything, just monitor. Will daily pulling cause a split file? How long before this happens? In other words, how many daily pulls is too many?

I was worried about this yesterday too and decided i'm only going to be daily pulling experian because they are less likely to split a file. I have the monitoring service with equifax too. Pay 20$ total for both

EX 724 ,NFCU Cash Rewards 7k DCU Plat 4.1k, Discover IT 2.5k Chase Freedom 2k. . Cap1 Plat $1.5k, Cap1 QS 1k, , Wells fargo 1.5k, Paypal 1.5k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.