Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't update authorized user.

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Won't update authorized user.

FYI, My husband is an authorized user on my Sam's and Walmart card but I Synchrony is refusing to update his info. I paid off both cards and it has updated on my credit reporting on Credit Karma but not his. I called and they told me that don't do that, so of course I am disputing it. I suggest all authorized users to verify what they are reporting.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Won't update authorized user.

what info are you disputing or they won't change?

Message 2 of 9
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

I am disputing the utilization, it is in the 30% because of this. We are going to apply for a mortgage very soon but it is affecting his credit score.  The utilization is showing on Credit Karma and myfico. I paid off all credit cards and these two are the only utilizations showing on his, mine is at 0.

Message 3 of 9
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

There's a more traditional way to fix utilization problems:  pay down the credit card balances.  If I were you, I would take some of the money you have saved for the downpayment on the house and get rid of that credit card debt.  Mortgage interest is cheaper than credit card interest and is tax deductible.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

There's a more traditional way to fix utilization problems:  pay down the credit card balances.  If I were you, I would take some of the money you have saved for the downpayment on the house and get rid of that credit card debt.  Mortgage interest is cheaper than credit card interest and is tax deductible.

The OP did pay down the balances to $0. Concern is as the primary it updated the balances accordingly but for the husband as an authorized user it did not.

Message 5 of 9
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

I did, if you read my response it has that mine is at 0 and his is at 30% because they will not update it.

Message 6 of 9
thornback
Senior Contributor

OP --Speaking from experience:

I advise that you NOT dispute the AU account with the bureaus. Some creditors will not respond to an AU dispute - which will result in deletion of the tradeline. File a dispute directly with the creditor - not by calling customer service but by using their actual dispute process - whether that be online or by mail. Find out how to file a credit dispute with the creditor and do it that way.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 7 of 9
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Darn, I already did the dispute. We have about 7 cards so hopefully even if they deleted the tradeline it won't affect him too much?

Message 8 of 9
thornback
Senior Contributor

Oh well. Wait and see... hopefully the dispute will work as it should and result in proper updating. Fingers crossed!

Removal will only negatively affect him if it significantly lowers his AAoA or if the removal of the credit limit increases his overall utilization.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.