Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Collection -- Urgent Advice Needed

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Collection Process Mess

@kah-pas    To answer your question, yes most of us know exactly how "harmful" negative info on CR is from personal experience. That's probably why most of us bother answering and volunteer our time to help others in similar situations. 

The responses you got in this thread simply dealt with the question you asked, which was "how does dunning notice relates to reporting", so your answers addressed that.

In your previous thread about this same issue, you got a plenty of advice on ways to proceed and a lot of empathy for your situation. 

Anyway, glad it's taken care of with at least this collection agency. 

Message 21 of 22
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection Process Mess

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@vntrsc"A collection agency is not a “financial institution that extends credit”.

- Technically, and by definition, if anyone claims you owe them money then they extended you "credit".

@kah-pasDid they refund your security deposit or is the claim of $391 for "inadequate notice" on top of keeping your deposit? If the collection agency agrees you gave adequate notice then the rental office is just being greedy, as they often are. Congrats on tackling this well, and successfully. If they kept your deposit if it were me I'd file a claim for that, you can probably do it in small claims court. I did that once to a landlord who kept my deposit just because he was a jerk and claimed I didn't clean the unit. I knew he was a jerk and took pictures after I cleaned, I won.

T

What definition shows that a collection agency hired to collect a debt for a creditor is also the business that extended the credit?  

However, it doesn’t matter because, as I previously pointed out, the FCRA does not allow a private right of action for the failure to provide the notice.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.