Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong address, wrong employer on all 3 reports

tag
JeffS
Established Member

Wrong address, wrong employer on all 3 reports

Hi, new to the forum so I apologize in advance if this topic has already been spoken and beat into the ground.
Anyway, there is a incorrect address and incorrect employer listed on all 3 reports. Question is: Does this really matter and what should I do? Thanks! Jeff
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Wrong address, wrong employer on all 3 reports

A few clarifying questions

1. Is the incorrect address and employer outdated information, or completely incorrect?

2. Is it the same address and employer on all 3 reports, or are they all incorrect in different ways?

Message 2 of 6
JeffS
Established Member

Kree, thank you for replying! The information is dated 02/01/18 for the employer and the address isn't dated. I've never lived there. I've never even been there. The employer listed, I never heard of either. It is on all 3 reports. Thanks! Jeff
Message 3 of 6
Kree
Established Contributor

While there are innocuous reasons for this information to appear on your reports, there is also a chance that your Social Security number is being used by someone else to gain employment in the USA. This would be a form of identity theft (or could be a clerical error). I would log into your Social Security account and check recent statements. If you are being credited for work at the unknown employer, then someone is using your number.

Message 4 of 6
JeffS
Established Member

Kree,
I'm checking with S.S. later today for sure. That's a extremely scary thought! If thieves only spent their ambitions on actual work...
Message 5 of 6
Kree
Established Contributor

Hopefully it turns out okay. let us know please.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.