Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your "person report" from LexisNexis?

tag
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

Your "person report" from LexisNexis?

Hi everyone,

I've learned so much here (thanks to all of you) in the past several months and my "work" on my credit is starting to wind down. I was perusing another "credit education" website when I came across a link that said "Get your Lexis Nexis Report." I had only used LexisNexis in college while researching databases for term papers. I had no idea they also maintained a consumer file called a "person report" on individuals. Here is the link where they say you can obtain a copy of your own person report:  http://www.lexisnexis.com/privacy/for-consumers/request-personal-information.aspx

Has anyone here ever received their own LexisNexis report? And, if so, how long did it take to receive? [Edited to ask this:] I know the website says 30-60 days...which seems rather long...but, do you guys think I should mail the request CMRRR?

Btw, I'm a little concerned about the link that says only certain individuals can actually "opt-out" of this. I thought it was illegal for companies to share your personal info if you've specifically told them not to.

Thanks, in advance, for any input....

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Your "person report" from LexisNexis?

I agree - their terms for getting a copy of the report is a bit much.  The length of time to wait is excessive!  30-60 days?  

OMG, and what if your government ID doesn't match your physical address that they have?  I'm military and mine does not match.  But my military ID is not acceptable ID.  *eye roll*

And the terms to "opt out"?  oh please... I can opt out (provided I meet their discerning criteria), but what happens when my insurance company does an automatic update with them?

I am just moaning and groaning.  I hate that agencies and companies collect personal information, sell it.  And when it's wrong, you have to fight tooth and nail to get it corrected and even then, it may not be fixed!  argh, argh, argh!   And I am stuck inside, snowbound right now.  

Message 2 of 5
veracious
Established Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

I agree - their terms for getting a copy of the report is a bit much.  The length of time to wait is excessive!  30-60 days?  

OMG, and what if your government ID doesn't match your physical address that they have?  I'm military and mine does not match.  But my military ID is not acceptable ID.  *eye roll*

And the terms to "opt out"?  oh please... I can opt out (provided I meet their discerning criteria), but what happens when my insurance company does an automatic update with them?

I am just moaning and groaning.  I hate that agencies and companies collect personal information, sell it.  And when it's wrong, you have to fight tooth and nail to get it corrected and even then, it may not be fixed!  argh, argh, argh!   And I am stuck inside, snowbound right now.  

IOBA ,   

Did you or anyone else on this board get their Lexis-Nexis report ?

Also, what did you learn about "Opting Out"  of this data base?

Thanks

IOBA
Senior Contributor

No, I have not pulled their report.  I found their terms unreasonable and unattainable for myself.   For example, your home address must match your government issued ID which must match the address that they have for you.   I am military and my military ID is not acceptable ID.  My DL is going to be a different address for what they have for me.  So there is no way I can get a report.

There are probably other people on the board that have gotten their reports from them.  If you get yours, please share some basic (but not too personal) information with us.

Their website says it could take 30-60 days before they send you the credit report, after you have submitted all of their required documentation.

Their website also tells you how to opt out of their reports.  Opting out means they won't sell your information to paying parties.

Message 4 of 5
veracious
Established Contributor

Yeah, I think I'll get my report from them again.

I did a report in 2002 and was shocked to see all the stuff they had listed.

I plan on opting out with these "data collectors".........a lot of good that will do,

another one will sprout up to take it's place.   In my opinion my    Privacy Matters since

I am doing nothing criminal.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.