Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account ages

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

account ages

the more cards i add to my list as i am trying to replace rebuilders with more higher quality cards,  my avg acct age keeps dropping hurting chances of better cards... heres my question ..... 

oldest cards are the worst ones such as low limits, prob no CLIs avail as well as insane apr and annuals broken down to monthly charges... the monthly af i HATE.... once a year hit me with it im fine ...

i have 2 or 3 of those 3- 4.5 yrs old... those combined with my 10 year old mtg avg a nice age...

the rest which some of are better cards are either 2 yrs or less than 1 yr old..

do i drop the worst?? drop a few of the more recent which arent great ? drop none ??

wait a while ???

mtg     2008

merrick 2016  cl1800

cap1 2014       cl1550

cap1 2016       cl1100

credit 1 2015     cl1250

1st premier 2014       cl500

1st premier 2013          cl 300

discover 2018             cl 1800

lowes 2018               cl 300

milestone 2017       cl 300

citi 2018            cl 1500

us bank 2018 cl 1000

the other thing is a few of the older little ones i use regularly usually paying off most of bal monthly but reuse it by the next statement having util always high.... overall avg is 40 ish but on those 1 or 2 particular cards its 80%

should i use a diff card for that ? overall util stays same but shows high for that card i read that can hurt.... thats one that has a monthly AF ... i activly use it because i have to pay them everymonth either way... those cards are 1st prem and credit 1..... they got me where i am i have to give them that but would it or how bad would it hurt me to drop them being they are the oldest

thx

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: account ages

You need to dump Credit One and First Premier because of who and what they are, even at the cost of a scoring ding,.

It's unlikely that you'll be dinged in any significant way, though, as closed accounts contribute to account age stats just as open ones do. Although it's not a 100% guarantee, the cards should stay on your reports for a long time — up to 10 years, as the bureaus say.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.