Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b* for EX possible?

tag
screeema
Valued Member

b* for EX possible?

I am almost done getting Hard inquries removed from EQ, and working on TU but what about

EX, is it possible??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: b* for EX possible?

No, unfortunately not. I wish there was a way because I have plenty on EX.

Message 2 of 8
android01
Valued Contributor

From my understanding, no.  EX either has substantially more storage space, or their file management systems are more technologically current than either EQ or TU.  Most likely both.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm convinced that this is why Experian gained so much market share back in 2007 and 2008. EQ and TU were very unreliable, due to the small size of their files and the resulting fragility.

I have never, ever heard of an EX file splitting. Doesn't mean that it can't happen, of course.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

B* refers to a process that is a taboo topic here involving early inquiry removals. Unfortunately, anyone suggesting it or advocating it would get their post zapped or edited because *b violates our Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines that prohibit the promotion of certain types of credit repair.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to interject this, but what does b* mean?

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Going back to your original post, it is unclear to me what you are trying to do.

Getting inquiries "removed" from your CR could entail many different things.

Are you contesting the legitimacy of the inquiry itself as being an impermissible pull?

Are you contesting how it was coded (i.e., as "soft" or "hard")?

Are you simply contesting continued inclusion in your CR after two years?

Very different issues.

In my opinion, disputing inquiries in your CR is extremely difficult to do, and usually not frutiful.

In fact, the dispute of inquires is so difficult to prove and investigate that the new direct dispute process under FCRA 623(a)(8), in the implementing regulaqtions at 16 CFR 660.4, specifically exempts credit report inquires as even being disputable in that process.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Going back to your original post, it is unclear to me what you are trying to do.

Getting inquiries "removed" from your CR could entail many different things.

Are you contesting the legitimacy of the inquiry itself as being an impermissible pull?

Are you contesting how it was coded (i.e., as "soft" or "hard")?

Are you simply contesting continued inclusion in your CR after two years?

Very different issues.

In my opinion, disputing inquiries in your CR is extremely difficult to do, and usually not frutiful.

In fact, the dispute of inquires is so difficult to prove and investigate that the new direct dispute process under FCRA 623(a)(8), in the implementing regulaqtions at 16 CFR 660.4, specifically exempts credit report inquires as even being disputable in that process.

Disputing accurate inquiries is probably not recommended. 

I believe the reason that the direct dispute process excludes inquiries is not because of the difficulty involved, but rather due to the fact that there are other more appropriate remedies available when a creditor accesses one's credit report without permissible purpose.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.