calling file experts

i have a friend that has 2 ssn  and 2 different files at each bureau

how can he get them merge together  they both have bad accounts

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: calling file experts

Get a credit report from each bureau annualcreditreports.com will do for this problem. ( you do not need a score)  After you have the the credit reports call each bureau and and talk to a person and explain about the second ssn and you want to combine the files.  Did your friend imigrate to his country by chance ? Keep up posted.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 16
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Why does the person have two identities?

Why would the person want the two accounts merged?  You specifically said that both had negative accounts on them.

Message 3 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree with IOBA.  Before making waves, the real question is why and how did the person obtain two separate SSN's?

It is one thing for a creditor to report an incorrect SSN in their credit reporting, but it is an entirely dfferent thing for one to dispute credit reportring because the consumer has two SSNs.  Can you explain?

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IOBA wrote:

Why does the person have two identities?

Why would the person want the two accounts merged?  You specifically said that both had negative accounts on them.

That's the million $ question.

Many times people have two SSNs when one for questionable purposes has had to invent a new identity or legal presence in the country.  It is extremely rare for the SSA to allow an individual to change their original SSN.

Depending on exactly why one has two SSNs, there may be some serious disadvantages to having the two files merged.

Message 5 of 16
mrldp40
Established Contributor

thanks guys  , no he is american   .   he has 2 different ss cards i have seen them

the only reason he want to merge them is hes sick and fixind to sign up for ss check

and he doesnt want to get in trouble

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 6 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@mrldp40 wrote:

thanks guys  , no he is american   .   he has 2 different ss cards i have seen them

the only reason he want to merge them is hes sick and fixind to sign up for ss check

Well, he may have some 'splaining to do as to how he wound up with essentially two government identities.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrldp40 wrote:

I'm sure he does have two ... and he can have ten.  $50 each on the corner opposite Citibank on Durfee Ave. in Monterey Park, CA.

Just can't have two legally unless, perhaps, he's in the Witness Protection Program.

Message 8 of 16
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The reason why I asked was. The INS issues a nine digit number during the imigration process similiar to an SSN but it is not. I have seen where this number has been used as an SSN.  I hope my question did not offend any one.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AndySoCal wrote:

The reason why I asked was. The INS issues a nine digit number during the imigration process similiar to an SSN but it is not. I have seen where this number has been used as an SSN.  I hope my question did not offend any one.

I haven't seen where USCIS does that, but perhaps they do.  Still, most creditors will verify a SSN through some publicly available services.  Any 9-digit number other than a legitimate SSN would not verify successfully.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.