Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi premier purchase protection advice

tag
dds2be
Valued Member

citi premier purchase protection advice

Hi guys,

need some advice. I bought some clothes online at asos.com and i shop there quite often. had some stuff to return, like normal affixed the return label to the bag and shipped it. post office says it was shipped, and they claim they never received the merchandise. Whats the best form of action to use? I bought it on my Citi Premier Card. Do I use purchase protection say they were stolen? Technically they arent stolen right? Or do I just dispute the charge? It's $170 worth of clothes. Thanks!!

Age 28
BOFA Cash Rewards:25k
Citi Premier :16.7k
Citi Costco Visa:19.2k
Amex SPG: 30k
Macy's: 20k
care credit :15k Express: 3.2k Dillards : 5k
Amex Platinum :NPSL
CSP: 15k
Chase Marriot: 25K
Chase Freedom 15k
Capital One Venture 30k

Fico Scores as of 10/2018: EX: 772, EQ: 782 TU: 778
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: citi premier purchase protection advice

@dds2be wrote:

Hi guys,

need some advice. I bought some clothes online at asos.com and i shop there quite often. had some stuff to return, like normal affixed the return label to the bag and shipped it. post office says it was shipped, and they claim they never received the merchandise. Whats the best form of action to use? I bought it on my Citi Premier Card. Do I use purchase protection say they were stolen? Technically they arent stolen right? Or do I just dispute the charge? It's $170 worth of clothes. Thanks!!

This might be a tough one, but you're right that 'stolen' is the wrong way to go, since that's not what happened (and you did receive the merchandise).

Usually when something is shipped it's the responsibility of the shipper until there's proof of delivery.  If the item is lost enroute, that's for the shipper to work out with the carrier.  If you used a merchant-provided return label it becomes a bit more 'fuzzy' who the shipper actually is, since you might have put the package in the box but technically the one paying for the shipping is the "customer" from the carrier's point of view.

I know that sometimes when a return is made if the company can see that you've actually shipped it they'll go ahead and give a good-faith credit (Amazon is known for this), but unless there's something in the fine-print that offers this it's likely not required. 

How late is the return, and what does your tracking info say?  If it's less than a week or two delayed there's always the chance it will still find its way.  In any case I don't see you having any luck with credit card protections (unless that's a stated 'perk' of the card, of course).  I would check with the merchant to see what they suggest.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.