cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consolidating credit cards

tag
jmeaby

consolidating credit cards

My Mom just recieved a preapproval from best egg for up to 35,000. she is looking at doing it for 20,000. my question is are there better options that generally have lower interest? or that may look better on a credit report? My main concern is she is going through a divorce and wants to do 2 things credit wise one consolidate her credit cards and one loan that she has and also wants to make sure that in the process of that she does not mess up her ability to recieve a mortgage when she refinances the house only in her name? any help is appreciated thank you very much

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jmeaby

Re: consolidating credit cards

im gonna rephrase this a little. will getting a loan through a company sending offers, hurt her score? or negatively affect her score or chance of refinance the mortgage?

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

In general, paying off credit cards via an installment loan will help your FICO score, assuming that your revolving utilization decreases significantly.   What is her revolving utilization now and what would it look like after consolidation?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
jmeaby

Currently she is at about 85%-90% also she will be paying off all her credit cards and a $10,000 loan. Are there any companies you would recommend?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.