Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different reports from same cra

tag
crapandgarbage
New Contributor

different reports from same cra

is it possible or is it common to get different info for same cra? why is the info not the same?

for example:  if i want a report for equifax, will equifax.com, fico.com, freecreditreport.com, or any other source give me the exact same info if i request the report the same day around the same time period?

is it possible that fico.com will give slighly different info than freecreditreport.com or annualcreditreport.com.

Message Edited by crapandgarbage on 11-24-2007 03:48 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: different reports from same cra

1.  Yes
2.  Yes
3.  Yes

The info that is actually in your credit bureau report is what it is.  It's often the format and how much they report to other companies that you can buy your reports from.
The most complete report you can get is believe it or not not from the individual bureau's themselves.  It's the one from your annual free credit report.

Lots of things are possible when it comes to credit reports.  A better question is "Is it probable that the data will be different".

They should be close but when you buy your reports from for instance myfico.com you won't see soft inc's.

I'm not sure who shows what differently, but I do know that ALL the relevant information isn't always found on all the different methods of pulling your reports.

Van

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: different reports from same cra

crapandgarbage wrote:
is it possible or is it common to get different info for same cra? why is the info not the same?

for example:  if i want a report for equifax, will equifax.com, fico.com, freecreditreport.com, or any other source give me the exact same info if i request the report the same day around the same time period?

is it possible that fico.com will give slighly different info than freecreditreport.com or annualcreditreport.com.

Message Edited by crapandgarbage on 11-24-2007 03:48 PM

This is the problem that those who have been into credit repair or trying to become credit educated will finally find out on their own.

To get the truest report you must pull from the original source- i.e.- if you want the "true EX report"- then pull DIRECTLY from EX. Same with all the others.

If you don't mind some information being left out- which I do- you can go ahead and pull from MyFico. Now, this is not to say that the reports will not match. They may very well match and have no omissions or errors. However, depending on which source you pull from unless it is the real life CRA, i.e. EX, EQ and TU there may always be the possibility of omissions.

However, here is what I think most of us are resigned to- we want our "true scores" from MyFico.  As a side note- Fico includes copy of your CR and suggestions and the famous scales- however, the final answer is yes- to get your absolute truest, purest report you need to pull directly from the company itself.
For true Fico scores you are left w/ no other source than MyFico.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.