Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

experian dispute over 30 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

experian dispute over 30 days

mailed a dispute certified on 5-31-2016, received on 6-2-2016 and have not heard anything from them, all disputes still state in dispute or something like that.

is there anything i can since it has been over 30 days?  i have read there is a demand for delete letter but not sure if that will work in this case or how to write one the roght way

thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

Re: experian dispute over 30 days

@Anonymous wrote:

mailed a dispute certified on 5-31-2016, received on 6-2-2016 and have not heard anything from them, all disputes still state in dispute or something like that.

is there anything i can since it has been over 30 days?  i have read there is a demand for delete letter but not sure if that will work in this case or how to write one the roght way

thanks.

If I remember correctly, if they take longer than the 30 days (+ some additional time they're given as a buffer) they have no choice but to delete whatever it is you are disputing... I'm sure a more educated forum member will correct me or enlighten us both. 

But I believe i'm right on this one lol

TU FICO 8 as of 7/2016 = 606 | TU FICO 9 as of 7/2016 = 660 | TU FICO 4 as of 7/2016 = 657 | GOAL: 760+
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

just want to make sure i am right in sending a demand for delete letter since the faq's on the website say 30 days for disputes.

anyone have a sample letter i can use?

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I wonder if there is a bit more time when it is mailed. I know there is a buffer too from what I think I remember reading, but don't remember how much extra time.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The 30-day period is for the CRA to complete its reinvestigation.

They have 5 business days thereafter to mail the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.  That could, with an intervening weekend and holiday, add up to 7 mor days.

Then mail time to reach the consumer.

Give it approx. 40 days from date of dispute before raising issues of lack of compliance.

What happens if the CRA does not meet the period?

Sure, you can file a request with them that they delete, or file a complaint with the CFPB.

However, even if they do delete for lack of verification, they can always reinsert once they do receive verification, so it is kinda academic.

Perhaps a verbal slap on the wrist from the CFPB, but the end intent is to get information either verified, corrected, or if those cannot be done,, deleted.

The intent of the dispute process is to arrive at accuracy, not require absolute deletion of otherwise accurate information based on timeliness issues.

Deletion under the FCRA is not absolute.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.