Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO vs. LIfeLock?

tag
TC1223
New Contributor

Re: myFICO vs. LIfeLock?

CaptainJ, myFICO sent me the detected inquiries through my email. At that time, I was only subscribed to 3-B credit monitoring because I had LifeLock too. In my case, myFICO was pretty instantaneous with the update, because when I called the creditors, they mentioned that it had been less than 8 hours since the thief had apped using my info.

But, I agree with you saying that the "monitoring" services are useless. They need to be taken with a grain of salt. I was pretty pissed at LifeLock, first, because it took them a whole 2 days to detect an inquiry that I already called about, closed, and had a follow-up letter sent to each of the creditors' fraud departments. So, essentially, these "monitoring" services are just there to dial the phone number for us.

So, for the time being, I'm trying myFICO's version, but if that ends up being like LifeLock, it'll get cancelled too and I'll just go back to my credit monitoring subscription.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TC1223 wrote:
CaptainJ, myFICO sent me the detected inquiries through my email. At that time, I was only subscribed to 3-B credit monitoring because I had LifeLock too. In my case, myFICO was pretty instantaneous with the update, because when I called the creditors, they mentioned that it had been less than 8 hours since the thief had apped using my info.

But, I agree with you saying that the "monitoring" services are useless. They need to be taken with a grain of salt. I was pretty pissed at LifeLock, first, because it took them a whole 2 days to detect an inquiry that I already called about, closed, and had a follow-up letter sent to each of the creditors' fraud departments. So, essentially, these "monitoring" services are just there to dial the phone number for us.

So, for the time being, I'm trying myFICO's version, but if that ends up being like LifeLock, it'll get cancelled too and I'll just go back to my credit monitoring subscription.

Thank you for the reply and the information, I appreciate it.  I'm glad that the service you had at the time worked well for you.  

I try to keep my mind off of worrying, because it isn't healthy.  I suppose I just got ticked off at how Myfico alerted me of online activity and then left me with absolutely nothing to do other than worry.  I might have been better off without seeing those alerts, in my case, as opposed to yours.  Maybe we can hear some more good stories and I will feel a bit better about things. 

Message 12 of 13
driftless
Valued Contributor

I appreciate this thread.  I have the myFico Ultimate 3B service and I have wondered if others have found it effective.  I started the service mainly to receive my credit reports but for the same price as LifeLock it made sense to use the ID protections as well.  Because of my earlier credit woes I compuslively check my account every morning.  

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.