Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfico score/Barclays apple fico difference

tag
AZ2014
New Visitor

myfico score/Barclays apple fico difference

Hello all, this is my first post. I was just curious about my score. I purchased my scores on myfico and compared it to the free fico I get from my barclays apple card.

From the little online searching I did I believe barclay pulls from TU. Myfico TU score is 736 as of today, Barclays fico score say 705 update on 2/19/14. i dont know why it would such a differnce. It would make more sense if I they pulled EX because then myfico EX and the barclay fico would be less than 10 point difference. Anyone have anything similar?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: myfico score/Barclays apple fico difference

I believe it's a case of MyFIco -> TU 98, Barclay -> TU 08.  Different models applied to identical data will produce different results.

Also, there is time difference of a couple of weeks between the scores, and something may have changed on your report.

Message 2 of 4
adozark
Established Member

@AZ2014 wrote:

Hello all, this is my first post. I was just curious about my score. I purchased my scores on myfico and compared it to the free fico I get from my barclays apple card.

From the little online searching I did I believe barclay pulls from TU. Myfico TU score is 736 as of today, Barclays fico score say 705 update on 2/19/14. i dont know why it would such a differnce. It would make more sense if I they pulled EX because then myfico EX and the barclay fico would be less than 10 point difference. Anyone have anything similar?

Mine was off by 3 points but they haven't updated my score for a little more than two months, it's kind of annoying because a lot has changed on my credit report and I yet Barclay still uses the same score that is now 50 points less than my actual TU score. 

Starting Score: EQ: 657
Current Score: EQ: 740 3/05/14 TU: 721 2/08/14 EX FAKO: 763 3/05/14
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Barclay (Apple) $4k -- Chase Freedom $7k -- Chase Slate 4k -- GE Banana Republic $3k -- GE Care Credit $9k -- BCP $1k -- UFCU 6k
Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

Different models 

There's a sticky on this in the FICO Scoring suforum.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Difference-in-Scores/td-p/2384297

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.